Rebrickable has been running for four years now, with 2015 seeing plenty of growth.
The below chart shows the daily page views for the last 4 years. This last week has seen a big surge in users which I hope continues into 2016!
Some stats for 2015:
- 1 Million Visitors
- 16 Million Page Views
- Visitors are from: Europe (48%), Americas (33%), Asia (14%), Oceana (4%)
- Or if you prefer countries: United States (26%), United Kingdom (8%), Germany (7%), France (5%), Netherlands (5%)
- 25 000 New users registered
- 1300 MOCs added
In 2015, about 35% of all traffic was from mobile devices (up from 30% in 2014). Rebrickable was never built with them in mind, so I will be looking at something for 2016 to make Rebrickable easier to use on mobiles/tablets. This will probably involve rewriting the entire site and may not actually finish in 2016 :)
Some highlights of the new stuff that have been added in 2015:
- Rebuilt Bricksafe to use modern web frameworks and improve it's functionality.
- Plenty of new integration with BrickLink and BrickOwl, giving Rebrickable access to nearly all the stores out there to help you find the best bargain.
- You can now Follow Designers and be notified when they have submitted new MOCs. Also a great way for designers to know how much they're loved :)
- Started the Top MOC Competition - a new way for me to give away LEGO to the most liked MOCs submitted each month.
- I released Rebrickable's first mobile app - The LEGO Shopper on Android which is doing pretty well. I will release an iOS version soon, and possibly a Windows version after that.
There were plenty more, but nothing I bothered to write about so I've forgotten :)
You can see the previous blog posts that list more of the site improvements by clicking on the Changes tag at the top of any blog post.