So it's been about a month since we released the Rebrickable v3 "update". I thought I'd write a quick post to bring everyone up to speed with what has happened in that month.
After the initial release, there were significant performance problems that were not revealed during testing. With some hardware upgrades and weeks of performance tuning work it is now running much better. There are still some timeouts occuring when viewing huge lists of items or trying to import massive files, but I will continue working on improving things.
About 18 months ago I had a dangerous thought - "what would I do differently if I were to start again?". The answer was "a lot"! The first 5 years of Rebrickable has taught me so much about building and running a large website, I learned about fields I didn't even know existed :)
As previously announced, I have spent most of the last year on completely rebuilding Rebrickable from scratch. I am now opening up the testing site for access to everyone, please take a look around and try it out!
About 6 months ago I announced that a completely new Rebrickable is on it's way. I've been hard at work making that happen, and we are getting closer.
For the last few months I have been working on the next major release of Rebrickable. That's a bit of an understatement actually - I'm rewriting every single aspect of the site from scratch! I'm calling it Rebrickable v3.