TechnicRCRacer

Strange Z24 Gear In My Collection

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got some strange z24 gears from a LEGO meeting. Can someone determine it for me? It has two large injection marks. It is also made of a softer material than normal lego plastic. I know it is from LEGO so it is not a fake. I have attached a link to the image. Image shows front and back. I think I may have found a 3648b type 3!

http://bricksafe.com/pages/TechnicRCRacer/temporary

What set is it from? I'm wondering if it's a newer one where they outsourced production to China so a softer plastic and different mould was used. Can you get a photo of all 4 together?

I have added an image of all 4. I did not get this in a set. I got it in a LEGO meeting with a building part and it came in bags directly from LEGO. Use the previous link. I also noticed that this gear is not shiny because of the different soft plastic.

Sorry didn't had the time to look clooser at an earlier time, just looked at them.

If you look close to the gear you can see that it is the 24505 that is an updated mold with a new Lego part number.

I have 6 of them so they are in a few sets of 2016 i did buy, i have to check my Porsche GT-3 for more of them.

I think only in the second wave of sets in 2016, that is also the amount i have from the 42054 + 42055 i think i have 1 used in a moc(several moc's are build on this moment)

So it has nothing to do with China, just a new ore updated mold, so all new sets have to get the new part number 24505.