theskirrid

Please Post All Part Category Update Requests Here (Read The First Post)

283 posts in this topic

In this thread please submit your move requests for parts.

Please link to the parts themselves rather than stating their numbers, this makes it easier for us to do our job.

To add links to your post just type the following code:

[part]Your part ID[/part]

Please post only requests for individual part fixes e.g. "Move part 1234 from category 'Other' to 'Bricks'" or "Move minifig hair 1234 from 'Minifig Accessories' to 'Minifigs'".

Please avoid posting requests for major catalog changes e.g. "I think half of the parts in category A should belong to category B because they look weird".

Please post such suggestions in a separate topic.

Note that due to the caching used by Rebrickable changes can take up to 24 hours to become visible.

Thanks!

You asked for it!

3005p* (all letters especially) from bricks to bricks printed

3004p* from bricks to bricks printed

3010p* from bricks to bricks printed

3009p* from bricks to bricks printed

3008p* from bricks to bricks printed

3003p* from bricks to bricks printed

3001p* from bricks to bricks printed

3040p* from bricks to bricks sloped

3039p* from bricks to bricks sloped

Please merge following: 39 and 3087c; 7026 and 3081cc01.  They are the same part, pick one ID and stick with it.

Please replace all x82c04  with 3135c04 (this one has picture a better ID and is the same part), I also think you should avoid 3135c01 red, and use 3135c04 red instead.

But that's more a matter of taste. having the hook switch color with the base isn't very usefull for this particular part, it only open up for two variations of the same part.

There is also a mix of complete and two part sets with this. Please decide if rebrickable should use parted out or complete parts for this piece and stick with it.

Please merge following: 39 and 3087c; 7026 and 3081cc01.  They are the same part, pick one ID and stick with it.

Items like this are a consequence of automatically crawling inventories, this doesn't happen anymore, and they will all eventually get sorted.

Once all the moves are done I think we'll have a thread for things like the tow hooks, and windows and things, and sort out a convention for naming/numbering. I'd like as few variants as possible, except where necessary by function, simply because that's how Rebrickable is supposed to work. Keep a note of any you notice, you spend more time with the older parts than me!

Extremely minor variants [like Pat Pend/Pat Pend blanked bricks] may never be recorded in sets here, and there's no way we could be accurate even if we did record them. I'm pretty OCD, but I recognise there are limits to what I can do for these cases.

I'll certainly make sure we have a full complement of brick types to allow accurate 'My Parts' sections because that is important - I don't want to ditch the Minitalia, Modulex, waffle bottoms etc. we already have, even if we don't record them super accurately in sets. There has to be some compromise somewhere, where exactly will shake out over the next few months I expect. Mapping will still allow wild and weird old parts to be used, but we'll be recording functional variances in parts as well as possible.

I sorted the 3650/3650a sets last night, and all the 3847's we know about for sure. As I said, any set with a part that's undetermined I'd like to determine for sure. I have a few new sets to open to do just that with [mostly string which is badly recorded on BL, it's pretty inaccurate].

Thanks for all the fixes so far though, I'd rather confirm by set than by set age, because Lego is just as bad as it ever was for using old stock parts, and never recording mould variants anywhere.

Fixing by age and guessing a cut-off is at best an approximation of a changeover date. Given Lego's propensity [especially in the '80s/90s]for using old stock parts, pre-stocking expected big sellers before they're released, the correct date may never be identified.

For an item like 3847 it seems sensible to have the newer bendy one as a default [as it's also child-safer and more common] and have the variant be the older one, and replace the older ones as we confirm them. Doing this means the changeover line [and Odin alone knows where that is] is populated with newer and older swords, and there are some older swords to confirm and replace. Seems OK to me, and I don't want to add unnecessary complexity. Why have three parts recorded here when there's only two moulds?

Parom: Done!

Extremely minor variants [like Pat Pend/Pat Pend blanked bricks] may never be recorded in sets here, and there's no way we could be accurate even if we did record them. I'm pretty OCD, but I recognise there are limits to what I can do for these cases.

This is why I posted a topic on mold that everyone so far has ignored. Rebrickable should make a clear line when a new mold should be recogniced as a new mold.

Should it only be things that change the visible looks of the result or having extra possible building features.

Personally I think Pat. Pend. is a part of the rest of the mold index and should be ignored. there is no difference between Pat. Pend, and Pat. Pend, slashed away. it's just some one with a stencil that modified the mold when they got their patent. it's just like the handcrafted letters and numbers, that been added after creation because someone forgot them.

Besides pat. pend make them sound like they where among the first, which is far from the truth. we got almost 10 years of molds before them which didn't include that text.

Letter under a brick doesn't change it's build feature or it's appearance.

Afaik, there is only four variation of 3001 that change build feature/visible.

3001a would be  bricklinks "bhol" ie no tubes.

3001b would be classic brick with tubes also know as 3001old.

3001c would be classic brick with cut in the tubes, which could be used together with strings for example.

3001d would be modern brick with crossupport in the middle.

afaik, samsonite only change the logo on the studs and didn't change the brick features. There is also some subsets of lego like minitalia and modulex, not sure how they work together with LEGO standard bricks. I think modulex is smaller so they don't fit and minitalia got a X underneith instead of tubes but fits.

I think this discussion should move over to that thread and not be here.

when doing minifigs all heads before and including 1990 had solid studs. I know the first pirate sets had solid studs and the hollow studs came one of the following years after that.

when it comes to the old space helmets 193* they all have visir dimplets. I have never seen one without it. the dimplets was there for the yellow castle in 1978. and afaik they where never removed. I fact there isn't a single set on bricklink that claim to have them. so I would advice rebrickable to never use them until someone can prove they exist. Like you put it keep the mold count down. I would say that bricklink error was caused by the fact that the persons inventoring didn't look for it. (didn't owned yellow castle and understood where those dimplets was for, therefore never noticed them)

The thickness of the thinstrap was introduced later because they where very fragile and would crack in the middle. Tracking my helmets the helmets up to and including 1983 had thin thinstrap helmets and 1984 and beyond had thick thinstrap.

Please move these 3 items from Other to Windows and Doors

2493a

73435c01

Please move from Other to Minifig

973p71c01

Please move from Minifig to Technic

2713 TECHNIC, Figure Accessory Ski (these are used for models quite often and most people would look first in Technic for them as they aren't minifig size.)

Is hair going into the Minifig category and all other Headgear into Minifig Accessories?

x107 should be moved from Other to whatever category Minifig hats belong in.

The minifig stuff that isn't 'classic minifig' stuff was annoying me, like those skis. There's the Homemaker figs, Duplo, Technic, early stiff minis and real minis and Belville and Friends minidolls. I really really don't want to start splitting stuff into even more categories, or where do you stop?

I've made the unilateral decision to put all fig accessories in together, and see how it shakes out.

Sorry! It might be crap, and get changed, there's still a load to do, and I think minifigs covers all figures except bionicle/hero factory [and Mixels next year maybe]. They're nice to keep inventoried correctly, but they're not the main purpose, due to their lack of rebrickability, and I'm going to try and talk Nathan into more work in a few months, and when all the figs are sorted give the option to flag your figs/fig parts as rebrickable or not. Not sure how yet, but they'll be easier to manage when sorted. Except for sets that use fig parts in the main build, of course, so the flagging will be done per set.

Anything that isn't part of a normal fig [legs, torso, head, hair] is going into accessories, as a minifig doesn't need a hat to be a minifig. So all headgear except hair is going in accessories. For figs where the head/hair are one [ewoks, chewbacca, yeti etc.] these will be in minifigs.

And shout at me in a set's comments for the solid stud heads, I can do them one by one as I do other stuff then too. Don't worry about giving me more to do, the more accurate we are the better. Same for anything with 'undetermined' parts.

First of good work on getting my "other" category to shrink. it's still the biggest one so you still have alot to do. Majority is minfig torsos and other patterns but there is still some easy to determine parts in there.

When it comes to minifigs I think you are doing the right thing. okay some figs aren't as mini as other. but the heads,hair and hats of homemaker, and the technic figs and fabuland still fits best in there then in their own category. when it comes to homemakers body and hands, I think they should be in HInges, ARMS and turntables. They can be used for alot beyond minifigs.

There is alot of images that could be added with SImiliar text aswell (better then no image). do you want another thread for them?

Similar tagging:- Yeah when we're all done moving [or 90% done] I'll make a few new threads, not yet though or I'll get over excited and start fixing other stuff, and leave things unfinished. Because of the way LDraw models are labelled we have some parts that have models with LDraw part numbers, and sets that have been crawled from BL, or submitted with BL part numbers, and miss their models. If you see any like that keep a note, and we can remap the model part, so the inventories look nicer.

The Homemaker stuff: I was going to put heads in minifigs and the bodies [that splittable arm brick] and arm parts and the weird ball/clip hands in Hinges, arms and TT's as the same parts were used for a long time afterwards as arms.

I'm pretty sure lumping the figures altogether will be OK, but if people keep asking 'where the frig are the figures' I might split them, as I want the categories to be immediately clear where something will be.

If something doesn't make sense, say. I might argue, but I try and have a reason for where everything is going, although Thea's suggestion of a magnet [and holders] category will have to be added because there's nowhere else intuitive for them to go.

although Thea's suggestion of a magnet [and holders] category will have to be added because there's nowhere else intuitive for them to go.

well i guess they could go into transportation land. isn't there where all train magnets will go?

similiar tagging notes:

3005pt*b is similiar to 3005pt* (ie 3005ptab is similiar to 3005pta and so on for all letters and numbers, they have a similiar mapping to a white 1x1 brick now, but this is better)

298c0* is weird when it comes to similiar flags 298c01 doesn't have it but it doesn't get right color in picture whíle 298c02 does have right colors but have a similiar flag.

4607 from Plates to Tiles Special

- I put this one into plates special, it's got a plate base, not a tile one, and it's used as a plate. Otherwise all done and agreed!

Please move Part bb607 - Technic, Ball, Steel

from Category:Other

To: Technic Steering, Suspension and Engine

Rationale: the receptacle: "Power Joint" is there too.

Part Details - 92911 Technic, Steering Ball Joint Large Receptacle

According to my invoice the steel ball is LEGO part 6079570 named in Danish: STÅL KUGLE

Please move Part bb607 - Technic, Ball, Steel

from Category:Other

To: Technic Steering, Suspension and Engine

Rationale: the receptacle: "Power Joint" is there too.

Part Details - 92911 Technic, Steering Ball Joint Large Receptacle

According to my invoice the steel ball is LEGO part 6079570 named in Danish: STÅL KUGLE

Done! Ball is 99948 - we're replacing bbXXX numbers as we come across them as they're BL specific, and using LEGO ones instead. Pair relationship done too.

Done! Ball is 99948 - we're replacing bbXXX numbers as we come across them as they're BL specific, and using LEGO ones instead. Pair relationship done too.

Thank you. (So quick ;-))

251 to hinges, arms and turntables.

why not use 251c01 in all these cases?, these parts are put together once and there is never a reason to pull them apart. same goes for 3680 and 3680c01. I think the site need to decide which and stick with it. Personally i prefer the combined versions in these cases, atleast until there is more then grey disc versions. I would say pulling these parts apart will harm them, like it harms torsos to pull arms and hands off.

Those turntables can be used apart (look at the Taj Mahal tiling).

New batch :

10240stk01, 10240stk02, 10240stk03 : Other -> Non-LEGO

3062bpb035 : Other -> Bricks Round and Cones

970c00pb176, 3626cpb770, 3626cpb757, 3626bpb680, 95225, 10173, 93556pb03, 3678bpb52, 973pb1210c01, 973pb1184c01, 973pb1216c01, 973pb1132c01, 973pb1215c01 : Other -> Minifigs

42450 : Other -> Minifig Accessories

99013p01 : Other -> Technic Special

48912c01 : Other -> Technic Steering, Suspension and Engine

6179pb040, 6179pb049 : Other -> Tiles Special

2739a, 2739b, 32293 : Technic Special -> Technic Steering, Suspension and Engine

6636pb044 : Tiles -> Tiles Printed

2951 : Tiles Special -> Technic Special (oO)

That's all I could spot for now.

BJ51 all done. Bio... I had a reply all typed and forgot it. Basically not splitting them means parts counts are inaccurate, they are supplied separately, and even used separately and counted as 2 parts by LEGO. In MOCs etc they can be assemblies, but in set inventories which need to accurate they'll be split. Everything else though they can be complete.

NB: I've never separated one though.

251 to hinges, arms and turntables.

why not use 251c01 in all these cases?, these parts are put together once and there is never a reason to pull them apart. same goes for 3680 and 3680c01. I think the site need to decide which and stick with it. Personally i prefer the combined versions in these cases, atleast until there is more then grey disc versions. I would say pulling these parts apart will harm them, like it harms torsos to pull arms and hands off.

It appears that there are more colors available for the top disc.  Check the BL lots for sale and you will see black brown green and tan.  Granted it's a little suspect that only 2 stores have those colors available at rather high prices.

I bought a few bottoms only to use in an MOC.  They make great stained glass windows when you use translucent plates instead of the disc.  I got the inspiration from this

Link edited May 19, 2016

http://www.brickcreation.com/dragon_king/graphics.php?name=library&page=53

Maybe someone is using a 3D printer? I didn't now about the tiling. well in that case they should all be apart. I dislike when you have two piles to put the same part in.

I bought a few bottoms only to use in an MOC.  They make great stained glass windows when you use translucent plates instead of the disc.  I got the inspiration from this

http://www.gundam-wing-fanfiction.net/dragon_king/graphics.php?name=library&page=43

The designer did that for Bag End, looks pretty good.

LEGO Part 4346* - Container - Box 2 x 2 x 2 Door with ******

Sometimes these decorated parts end up in Windows and Doors, but most are in Container category.  Please check my loose parts and see which ones need to be moved.  Thanks!

Thank you, theskirrid, one more comma more or less is fine ;-)

A "few" more moves from "other" to "Tubes and Hoses"
  (did not look at torso's and hose-reels and such,
  this is a list for a rainy weekend i think ;-) SO many. . . . )

43675  - Ribbed hose
78c30 - Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 30L
78c32 - Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 32L
3311 - Pneumatic Hose Connector with Axle Connector
72706 - Technic Ribbed Hose 3L
71952 - Technic Ribbed Hose 4L
43675 - Technic Ribbed Hose 19L
71951 - Technic Ribbed Hose 8L
79 - Technic Ribbed Hose End Segment
x131a - Hose, Flexible 12L with Tabbed Black Ends
72504 - Technic Ribbed Hose 2L
71986 - Technic Ribbed Hose 11L
ls21 - ~LSynth Technic Pneumatic Hose - Cross Section
ls20 - ~LSynth Technic Pneumatic Hose - End Piece
76 - ~Technic Flex-System Hose End
u9053 - ~Technic Flex-System Hose End
77 - ~Technic Flex-System Hose
14925 - FLEX HOSE 19M W/3. 18 STICK
73590bcx1 - Hose Flexible 8.5L with Black Ends with Tabs
x131u - Hose, Flexible 12L with Tabbed (Undetermined Color) Ends
78c91 - Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 1L-5L
78c92 - Hose, Ribbed 7mm D. 6L-10L
76263 - Technic Flex-System Hose 3L (60LDU)
76250 - Technic Flex-System Hose 4L (80LDU)
76307 - Technic Flex-System Hose 5L (100LDU)
76289 - Technic Flex-System Hose 7L (140LDU)
76260 - Technic Flex-System Hose 8L (160LDU)
71505 - Technic Flex-System Hose 11L (220LDU)
71175 - Technic Flex-System Hose 12L (240LDU)
71551 - Technic Flex-System Hose 13L (260LDU)
71177 - Technic Flex-System Hose 14L (280LDU)
71194 - Technic Flex-System Hose 15L (300LDU)
71192 - Technic Flex-System Hose 16L (320LDU)
71582 - Technic Flex-System Hose 18L (360LDU)
22463 - Technic Flex-System Hose 19L (380LDU)
76276 - Technic Flex-System Hose 20L (400LDU)
70978 - Technic Flex-System Hose 21L (420LDU)
76252 - Technic Flex-System Hose 22L (440LDU)
76277 - Technic Flex-System Hose 24L (480LDU)
76282 - Technic Flex-System Hose 30L (600LDU)
76283 - Technic Flex-System Hose 31L (620LDU)
22461 - Technic Flex-System Hose 34L (680LDU)
76281 - Technic Flex-System Hose 45L (900LDU)
22296 - Technic Flex-System Hose 53L (1060LDU)
73590b - Hose Flexible 8.5L with Tabs (Complete Assembly Shortcut) flexible, gizmo, hose, minifig, space, tube
58498c01 - Duplo Hose with Rubber End and Lt Bluish Gray Nozzle
73590acx1 - Hose Flexible 8.5L with Black Ends without Tabs
x131c - Hose, Flexible 12L with Tabbed Dark Bluish Gray Ends
76348 - Technic Flex-System Hose 10L (200LDU)
76270 - Technic Flex-System Hose 17L (340LDU)
76254 - Technic Flex-System Hose 23L (460LDU)
53475 - Technic Flex-System Hose 26L (520LDU)
76280 - Technic Flex-System Hose 28L (560LDU)
76389 - Technic Flex-System Hose 29L (580LDU)
42688 - Technic Flex-System Hose 33L (660LDU)
46305 - Technic Flex-System Hose 40L (800LDU)
71944 - Technic Ribbed Hose 19 Ribs
ls51 - ~LSynth Technic Flex-System Hose - Cross Section
ls50 - ~LSynth Technic Flex-System Hose - End Piece
73590a - Hose Flexible 8.5L without Tabs (Complete Assembly Shortcut)
76324 - Technic Flex-System Hose 9L (180LDU)
57274 - Technic Flex-System Hose 32L (640LDU)
42076c01 - Duplo Hose 12L with into-the-stud-size & stud-size ends
42030 - Duplo Hose Flexible 11L with Grabber Hand Ends and Middle Stud
76279 - Technic Flex-System Hose 6L (120LDU)
6426 - Duplo Hose 11L with over-the-stud-size & stud-size ends
73590c02c - Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabbed Ends White (Ends different color than Tube)
750 - Hose, Flexible 8.5L, End 1 x 1 x 2/3 Tabbed
752 - Hose, Flexible 8.5L, End 1 x 1 x 2/3 Tabless
73590c03b - Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabless Ends Black (Ends different color than Tube, ends not removable)
58497c02 - Duplo Hose 11L with Over-the-Stud-Size Rubber End & Stud-Size Light Bluish Gray End
58497c01 - Duplo Hose 11L with Over-the-Stud-Size Rubber End & Stud-Size Pearl Light Gray End
4654c02 - Duplo Hose Reel Holder 2 x 2 with Lt Gray Drum, Yellow Hook, String (Complete Assembly)
755 - ~Hose Flexible Segment End Section (open file for usage guide) flexible, gizmo, hose, minifig, space, tube
== hoses end here ;-) =============================================================

53992c01 "Technic tread, carterpiller track" from "other" to "Technic special"?
Rationale: The loose track parts like 57518 are here too.

Thank you!
Bert