A main battle tank
My main sources of inspirations were the Israeli Merkava tank and the Siege Tank from the classic PC game, Dune 2.
- The treads move, thanks to the technique of the Drillex (Ultra Agents) set (70168)
- The cannon fires (twin barrle). Trigger is on top. Technique from the Penguin Artcic Roller (70911)
- Cannon rotates and tilts up and down.
- Opening hatch for driver - Minifig fits inside - and it's a tight squeeze like a real tank. Two levers and dashboard with dials are in driver's nook.
- Opening back door. A technique of the Merkava tank to deploy troops or safely remove injured soldiers from the field.
- Two back compartments for various equipment.
- Spotlight on Antenna
- Adjustable commander's manual cannon
- A "skirt"- metal panels protecting the treads.
- Very playable, sturdy and rather light.
Note on coloring: I wanted this to look interesting, so I gave it camouflage coloring. It could easily be made yellow or grey, and in fact, if you build it in alternate coloring - I'd love to see photos.
This took almost 30 hours of design and tinkering. I hope you enjoy.