I finally finished something I've been meaning to do for a long time – improve the search features. I have basically replaced the existing set and part searches with a single page which I hope is simpler to use and produces far better results.
Some of the key features:
- Improved performance of searches
- Searches through more fields than previously (e.g. now includes MOC description text)
- Cleaner and easier to use interface which also works well on tablets (I finally got an iPad!)
- The more advanced search/filtering options are still available if needed, but the main search is powerful enough to avoid them most of the time
- Rank search results by “closeness” to the search terms
- Provides more flexibility in search terms, e.g. 1×1 works just as well as 1 x 1