I didn't do a birthday post in August this year, instead I decided to switch to calendar year annual updates. Rebrickable's third year saw lots of user growth, lots of new functionality, and lots of data improvements.
The below chart shows the daily page views for the last 3 years. It's interesting to see how the traffic seems to step up around January and then maintains that level. That's when there seems to be an influx of new people finding the site after getting their Christmas LEGO :)
Some stats for 2014:
- 900 000 Visitors (up 50% from 2013)
- 11 Million Page Views (up 70% from 2013)
- Visitors are from: Europe (48%), Americas (33%), Asia (14%), Oceana (4%)
- Or if you prefer countries: United States (26%), United Kingdom (8%), Germany (7%), France (5%), Netherlands (5%)
- 20 000 New users registered
- 2 Million user sets added
- 860 MOCs added
- 1.4 Million Set/MOC Builds
There have been so many changes made it's hard to just list the highlights, but I'll try anyway:
- Rebrickable v2 - This was the result of many months of effort to rebuild the underlying Build code for greater flexibility.
- Lots of API tweaks for your automating pleasure. And yet, no one has released a Rebrickable app yet :(
- Server hardware and software upgrades
- Multiple Parts Lists
- Top Designers page
- Buying Sets - new feature to show the selling price of sets and their price history
- More user data in the part popups/details pages - now it's easier than ever to see what parts you have while browsing
You can see the previous blog posts that list more of the site improvements by clicking on the Changes tag at the top of any blog post.