This month was mostly about getting through the backlog of submitted sets, mocs, and other changes. I did get a few code fixes and improvements done though as described below.
You can now generate your own API key without emailing me. Go to your profile's settings page to generate...
I have been pretty poor in the past at letting people know about improvements I've made to Rebrickable. I'd much rather build something than talk about it ;) I will start trying to post regular updates for all the small stuff I usually don't mention anywhere.
Over the last 6 months I have focused on rebuilding the majority of the backend code that deals with calculating parts reuse between sets (i.e. the main reason behind Rebrickable!). I am happy, and quite a bit relieved, to finally announce that this new functionality is now live and I am going to go ahead and call it v2 :)