Vokhev

Inverted Slop Computer

Does anyone have more info on this?

There are apparently two versions of this part:

3660p01 - Slope Inverted 45 2 x 2 with Computer Screen and Right Side Buttons Print

and

3660pb01 - Slope Inverted 45 2 x 2 with Computer Screen and Left Side Buttons Print

I've only ever seen the right side buttons myself and at first, I thought it was a mistake but Bricklink has a photograph of the left side and some people are selling it so I guess it probably exist, unless the picture is flipped for some reason and people didn't notice. But even then, I'm pretty sure I've seen a set for sale a while back with a mix of both prints on the same picture.

According to Rebrickable, only a handful of sets have either of those parts (some of which have more than one version or number).

The Right side can be found in:

920-2 Alpha One Rocket base

926-1 Space Command Center (craterplate version) *

493-1 Space Command Center (baseplate version)

493-3 Space Command Center (craterplate version)

8680-1 Arctic Rescue Base

6951-1 Robot Command center *

And the left side is only in:

483-1 Alpha One Rocket base *

The thing is, all pictures and instructions I found on line for any of these sets show the right side buttons, including 483-1.

I own all 3 sets marked with an * and only have 8 copies of the right side buttons.

Does anyone know why it was this set that was marked as containing the left side parts or where the left side or the left side parts actually come from?

I've done some hunting, and it appears the left side prints were a misprinted batch, and can appear pretty much anywhere. Why that set was marked as having a left side print I don't know. I'll sort it to a right side print, and add notes for the printed brick, until something more definitive is found. I've never seen a left sided one, from exclusively UK sets [so Denmark packaged].

if it's a misprint then it shouldn't be in any inventory, if the majority was correctly printed.

there is however a mold change effecting these printed parts. it exist in two version because of that..

It seems a print set-up for a 3039 was used to print on the invert [so it was flipped in the machine], so it's reversed. That's about all the new information I can find.