Shutterfreak

42029 C Build Proposal - Vtol

Hi all,

I've created a VTOL variant of the recent 42029 Technic cargo plane (using only the parts from the 42029 set - including maybe 1 spare part from the set).

The engines can pivot while the rotor blades are spinning. To do so I used the linear actuators from the cockpit bay and the cargo bay and placed them in the engines. The axis powering the rotor blades also serves the purpose as engine tilt axis to reduce parts use.

See this short Youtube fragment for engine and tilt operation.

Now comes the model generation part. I already started with LDD but the model complexity makes this job rather awkward so I could use some guidance on how to produce the model and instructions.

Any comments are welcome of course.

Best regards,

Olivier

Hi all,

Notwithstanding some limitations of LDD I managed to recreate the VTOL as a 3D model, with the exception of one 4-stud Technic cross axle that's floating (it should be connecting two universal joints).

3D models can be found on http://bricksafe.com/pages/shutterfreak/42025-model-d-vtol

Warning: the .ldr file is an export from LDD and contains several part orientation bugs (hence some parts don't appear or appear with an incorrect orientation or with x/y/z orientations that differ from the ones in the LDD source file).

I couldn't create meaningful building instructions yet.

For the .ldr cleanup and for the instructions I could use some help.

Best regards,

Olivier