Bobflip

Possible Bug: Only 1 Of Multiple Sets Is Dragged Into A Set List

Just discovered, if you have 2 or more of a set, and try to drag them into a set list, only one is moved, and the rest stay where they were. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I'd have expected them all to be moved in one go.

I am using that bug/feature to reduce number of extra sets I own. If you just edit and change the number to a value below. it won't work. That is a bug. but this way i can drag one or more extra copy sets to another list and then press the red X to remove them. 

Just discovered, if you have 2 or more of a set, and try to drag them into a set list, only one is moved, and the rest stay where they were. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I'd have expected them all to be moved in one go.

That was intentional.

I am using that bug/feature to reduce number of extra sets I own. If you just edit and change the number to a value below. it won't work. That is a bug. but this way i can drag one or more extra copy sets to another list and then press the red X to remove them. 

What do you mean, there is no where to edit the number of sets on your My Sets page?

That was intentional.

What do you mean, there is no where to edit the number of sets on your My Sets page?

when you bring up a "set" there is a "add set" which bring up the number you have or if you don't have any it default to 1. There you can save and add sets into your setlists. but if you have two or more sets you can't reduce them with this save feature. like you can if you want to remove parts. so you can either remove ALL sets with that ID or not remove them at all. to get around that I am moving the sets i want gone from my list into another list before pressing the red X.

Another bug with drag and drop is if you drag and drop a set with a ID containing a "." it sticks around after the drop has been made. (The move has been done but the interface still has set floating in the air and it allow you to redrop it causeing copies. unless you reload the page manually to get ride of the floating sets it's there enoying the user.

Not sure if this is chrome only or browser dependent.

when you bring up a "set" there is a "add set" which bring up the number you have or if you don't have any it default to 1. There you can save and add sets into your setlists. but if you have two or more sets you can't reduce them with this save feature. like you can if you want to remove parts. so you can either remove ALL sets with that ID or not remove them at all. to get around that I am moving the sets i want gone from my list into another list before pressing the red X.

I have been clicking on the set and editing from the homepage of the set.  I think your method would probably be faster.  It also means I don't have to remember how many are in each set list when I have the same set in 3 different lists.

Can you post an example of a set with "." in it?

That was intentional.

Ah, cool. I can see how it'd be useful to be able to drag single sets as well. Would it be possible to have two drop points to drag onto for each list? So you could have one for move single set, and another to move all?

Ah, cool. I can see how it'd be useful to be able to drag single sets as well. Would it be possible to have two drop points to drag onto for each list? So you could have one for move single set, and another to move all?

Why not just a keyboard modifier (like CTRL or SHIFT) when you click and drag the stack to move all?

Why not just a keyboard modifier (like CTRL or SHIFT) when you click and drag the stack to move all?

Well, it takes two hands rather than one (I'm not lazy, but I believe in quick and visual user interfaces). Also, it's not really a standard web action... most sites are based on clicks and drags!

Well, it takes two hands rather than one (I'm not lazy, but I believe in quick and visual user interfaces). Also, it's not really a standard web action... most sites are based on clicks and drags!

Hmm... thinking about it more, keyboard modifiers wouldn't work so well for mobile devices.  I agree with you that user interfaces should be quick and visual, as well as uncluttered.  I wouldn't worry about what's perceived as a standard action tho - a good solution requires leaving yourself open to all options.