Nathan

Vote - Moc Alternate Build Competition (Dec 2013)

The December Alternate Build Competition is over and it's time to find the winner!

We have an impressive 40 MOCs submitted with 33 of them in the running for the $100 prize. Of the five possible sets to choose from, the entries are spread pretty evenly:

You must publicly state your vote for your top three MOCs, listing them in order. For example:

1. MOC-5905
2. MOC-5262
3. MOC-4910

First position is worth 5 points, second position is worth 3 points, third position is worth 1 point. At the end of the voting period, I will tally the votes.

Voting will run for a week, ending on 7th January 2014. I can't get this forum to display the MOCs nicely, so refer to this blog post for the list of entries.

So many choices and lots of good work. I couldn't figure out where to start. I narrowed it down to my favorites from each set and then from those five picked my top three:

1.  MOC-1125

2. MOC-1061

3. MOC- 1114

Some of the MOCs make me want to get sets I ignored because I didn't like the suggested models. I am certainly looking forward to building most of the MOCs submitted for set 75002.

Some great alternate builds! Here are my top three :)

1. MOC-1133 - Hover Strike Speeder by brickfisto

2. MOC-1125 - Research Colony and Dropship by Jason Allemann

3. MOC-1085 - Scorpion Alternate by GregoryBrick

1. MOC-1051

2. MOC-1125

3. MOC-1092

It wasn't easy to get it down to three, and it wasn't easy to choose the order of the final three. There were some really good, creative models. I thought all of the yellow technic ones were great.

This was a really great contest! It got my brains busy for days, and had a lot of fun too. The entries are pretty amazing too, both in quantity and quality. Some MOCs don't strike me as alternates at all! Congratulations to all participants and organizers!

And now my votes, after long of internal mumbling. My family members must think I'm going crazy... But I tried to make a fair top, considering the available parts for each build.

1. MOC 1091 - Futuristic Police Motorcycle

2. MOC 1114 - Mammoth

3. MOC 1071 - Assault helicopter

1. MOC-1092

2. MOC-1139

3. MOC-1051

They say god made himself a beard first and every president in history voted for himself, so here goes my votes... Since i am still a sport i give points to my direct technic competition - excellent job you guys!

I wish I could build these, so I could base it more then the instruction and the appearance.

1. MOC-1051

2. MOC-1116

3. MOC-1107

This is the first MOC contest I've ever participated in and I really liked it. It is very pleasant to see some people voting for my MOCs, but I personally find some of the MOCs to be way more creative, so my votes are as follows:

1. MOC-1126

2. MOC-1092

3. MOC-1077