remusgrrrl

Does Lego Make An Inverter?

Hope I can explain what I mean. I am looking for a 2x2 plate that had studs on both sides. I have one made by mega bloks, but was wondering if Lego ever made one.

Thanks

I know the part you mean, but LEGO have no equivalent, sadly.

One method is to use 4276a and 4275a and flip one of the hinges, although this requires 4 studs to do. A 11010 will fit between two back to back plates [but not all, and not very strongly, it's good on jumper bases though] or a 95344 will fit at the edges of most modern plates for back to back. For bricks, there actually were some studs both sides and anti-studs both sides bricks. You can also wedge tiles between the bottom tubes to join two bricks back to back, but this ruins the tiles and the tubes eventually. LEGO used the clip ring trick in the Hobbiton set too for the window frame.

TLDR; Nope  :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot. I need to reverse 2x2 bricks on a build I am designing. Have to decide what I am to do, maybe I can use the 2x4 with the studs on both sides, will have to see. All the info you gave is great and gives me some ideas to try. Thank you again.

Sometime ago I read about using the inside of the game dice 64776 as a way of connecting bricks in reverse.

Sometime ago I read about using the inside of the game dice 64776 as a way of connecting bricks in reverse.

Ooooh, never tried that one...

Getting anti-studs on both sides is now easy with 15535 but studs on both sides still seems a bit tougher. It's strange you'd think LEGO would get around to make a plate with studs on both sides. They could base it on this part and just make it a plate instead of a tile: 11203.

When I need studs on both sides, I'll often use 4733 or 4595 but it's still 2½ plates thick.

Depending on the build, an idea could be to jam an upside down plate/tile hybrid such as 92593 or 88646 between a plate and a tile but it wouldn't work at the bottom of a build.

Oh....now that sounds like an idea. That would probably work. I managed to do it with 3 brackets, but am iffy on its strength. Going to have to find my die. Thanks!