losthadon09

Lego Or Mega Bloks?!

Okay... adding a huge load of LEGO to my database.

Stuck on these: Brick Round 1 x 1 Open Stud (Dark Red)

I clearly have 4 that match the LEGO Dark Red... BUT I have 8 that are a brighter Dark Red color... with open stud.

I thought Mega Blocks only did the closed studs of this particular brick. Am I mistaken?

They are clearly not Reddish Brown either.

There is no way to determine if 3062b is a clone or not, Lego has a history of bad color batches, I have some old clone bricks that are identical and which I can't tell a part from my other black lego bricks, I just know they are in there.

If you look inside LEGO are usually smooth, the clones I've found [by colour, there's no other way to tell] have got eight faint ridges inside, two circular horizontal lines split into four as two stacks. These were Megabloks, I'd have called them very light gray if I thought they were LEGO. Other clones COBI/BLOX etc I haven't seen to closely. I'm sure I have some mixed in somewhere though, little swines.

You can often tell by the quality of the plastic, it has a bit of a different sheen to it, even when the colours are similar. I can usually spot them in a mixed job lot pretty quickly!