goodneighbor55

Auto-Subtract From My Parts?

I finally finished recording my loose parts to My Parts so I can start building! Even though I'm missing lots of parts, I found an official LEGO set that I want to build and I get to the place where I see-- You have all... You have some... You have none... of the following xx parts. I will use the parts/quantities from the All and Some lists exactly as they're listed. Is there an automatic way to subtract those quantities from My Parts?

You can combine and remove loose parts from your parts list into a set that will then be marked as 'owned' IF a]You have all the parts b] In the exact colours and c] In the exact mould variants. It's kind of 'clunky' but I think it's in the pipeline for improvement in Rebrickable 3.0 [The Rebrickening].

Thank you for replying. Before I posted, I had read several posts that seemed similar to mine but none of the answers explicitly said, no that can't be done. Instead, some of the answers offered the conditions that must be met like you just did but since the nature of my question basically says that I don't have all of the parts, I wasn't sure why that's being offered as an alternative or workaround. What am I missing?

I ran into this when I was working on the 24K+ French Palace Modular.  There was no way to acquire some of the "cosmetically-nice but not necessary for structure" parts at a reasonable price.  So I took a screen shot/print screen of the parts that I still needed on the Build this MOC page.  Then I added them to a new empty parts list.  This allows the build function to give you 100% and remove the parts you do have from your parts list.  Then you can take the screen shot of the missing parts and use it to add those parts to your lost parts list for the set you just added.

The screen shot also gave me a reference for those expensive parts when I was looking for replacement parts for them. 

Glad to help. I came up with the idea because I was getting frustrated at not being able to auto remove the Palace parts.  The Build percentage for the St Mark's Bell Tower was stealing from those Palace parts and skewing my Tower wanted list.  Manually moving 300+ unique listings from the my first part list(we only had 1 list when I first started at rebrickable) to another list would not have been fun. 

If not the right forum I apologize in advance. Trying to build MOC 4731 at rebrickable. Go through the process of adding my sets and loose parts and then try to do mass upload of  missing pieces to Bricklink using the copy XML file and mass upload method. Every time I try I get the 'one item is invalid or does not exist' message at Bricklink. Has anyone else encountered an issue with this file or my error. Is there an alternate method for someone not IT savvy?  Would hate to have to add missing items individually ti wish list but will if necessary. If wrong forum please recommend where I might find answer.