matiketopelasu

My (Sons) 7 Kilos Of Legos

Okay. I worked with these legos yesterday. Next time I know right from the beginning that it's best to arrange all the legos very nicely in the beginning. It's back-and-forth if you don't know where your parts are.

Now I know! So next time that I have time to build - I know right away do I have the piece or don't I.

Thanks all the help!

There have been numerous complaints about the bricklink wanted list since the update.  I haven't used it or brickowl's wishlist myself, so I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to help you with either of them.  You could post in either or both Forums for more help.

With your private MOC, you could export a copy of your inventory after each set addition, which is also a good idea for keeping a backup.  Not the most elegant way, but a possibility.  

You can have more than one private MOC.  I believe there is a maximum, but I've never had more than 3, so I'm not sure what it would be.  

Perhaps someone else can suggest a better way?

I'm trying to find the best way for me to get the pieces I need.

Did I understood correctly that in Rebrickable there is MOC what I can use on my shopping list? And it shows how many percent of pieces some seller has for you?

And in BrickLink there isn't this kind of service? I chose 15 pieces in BrickLink and then I needed to "mark or unmark" the pieces in shopping cart - and that's the way I tried to see what seller had most of the pieces for me.

Bricklink has the option of finding the seller who has the most parts as well, but IMO those are usually the extremely expensive stores, making them bad unless you don't plan keep buying lego and just want to wrap things up and be done with it.

I rather pick a cheap store that hold a specific part or parts and enough of other parts to make it worth it. You will eventually get all the parts for a set, while picking up good to have pieces and starting completing even more sets.

I  am  currantly  in  a  similar  process  sorting  rather  more Lego than  you --there's a  lot even  though I  have  given a  lot  away.  i know  for  sure  there  was  once a  complete compliment  of  all  the  Aquanaughts and  whatever  thier  rivals  were  called.  Many of  the  Techniqs  sets  from  that  time  periodMuch of  the Paradisa  stuff, and  some  Blacktron and  there  were  some pirates  sets, some of  the  Lego  Robots.  I  call  it  the  everlasting  Lego  project.---I'm not  trying  to  make  it  in to  the  various  sets--just  right  now  Bricks plates  tiles  slopes  and  anti  slopes and  train  parts.  I  am  trying  to  put the  train  sets  all  together,  and  get  them  runnong  as  part  of  the  Christmas Decor.  

I  am  currantly  in  a  similar  process  sorting  rather  more Lego than  you --there's a  lot even  though I  have  given a  lot  away.  i know  for  sure  there  was  once a  complete compliment  of  all  the  Aquanaughts and  whatever  thier  rivals  were  called.  Many of  the  Techniqs  sets  from  that  time  periodMuch of  the Paradisa  stuff, and  some  Blacktron and  there  were  some pirates  sets, some of  the  Lego  Robots.  I  call  it  the  everlasting  Lego  project.---I'm not  trying  to  make  it  in to  the  various  sets--just  right  now  Bricks plates  tiles  slopes  and  anti  slopes and  train  parts.  I  am  trying  to  put the  train  sets  all  together,  and  get  them  runnong  as  part  of  the  Christmas Decor.  

Hi and thanks for your message!

I'm trying to find the time to continue my work. I have made quite nice sorting so it's quite easy to continue... when I have time! :)