biodreamer

Ideabook Inventories

I own many of the offical LEGO ideabooks. Some of the ideas I really like while it's a bit hard to keep track of which pieces you miss and which of all ideas you can build.

it would be good to beable to inventory them and link them with pictures without breaking any copyrights. The sets have have released as mocs didn't have instructions they where to old for that, so I didn't cross any legal boundaries.

ie so you can find idea sets you can build and see which parts your missing and need to be bought to build from the book aswell.

Perhaps we can submit these as subsets of the ideabook set. The set inventories wont actually be a subset of the parent inventory like it is elsewhere, but I think that would be ok.

Perhaps we can submit these as subsets of the ideabook set. The set inventories wont actually be a subset of the parent inventory like it is elsewhere, but I think that would be ok.

So if I do it a bit like the christmas calendars and keep the ideabook image, describing which model by page and description. keep out the "stickers" and it should be fine releasing them as regular sets rather then mocs.

Pretty much that^^. Once all the models for a book are done you could work out the parts required for the whole book and have a master set of parts, which I don't think is recorded anywhere that I can remember. So I'd start numbering from -3. Keep -1 for the book, -2 for the master set, and -3 on for the subsets on each page.

Pretty much that^^. Once all the models for a book are done you could work out the parts required for the whole book and have a master set of parts, which I don't think is recorded anywhere that I can remember. So I'd start numbering from -3. Keep -1 for the book, -2 for the master set, and -3 on for the subsets on each page.

I should probably leave two for master inventories one for *ANY* and one for *ALL* ie one master inventory that tells you to build any model in the book and one that tells you what you need to build them ALL at once.

All at once isn't really like a Lego inventory then though, An any inventory is more Lego/Rebrickable style.

Go for it if you want though, would be good to see how it turns out. Let us know when you're done and we'll work out if it's better as MOC sets linked to the book, or as subsets of the book itself.

I'd prefer to see -s1 -s2 etc to refer to subsets. So if the parent is xxx-1, use xxx-1-s1. At least that's what I did for the ones I've added eg 8258.

I'd prefer to see -s1 -s2 etc to refer to subsets. So if the parent is xxx-1, use xxx-1-s1. At least that's what I did for the ones I've added eg 8258.

I have submitted a small "test" subset. It's valid but hardly what you would call intressting build idea. just want to get everything straighten out before I go for the big ones.

Is it possible to upload a picture like on the BL Forum?  I have several "sets" from ideabooks that we have kept together through the years.  It might save someone else from spending the time on it.

You can upload it to bricksafe. I had to play around a bit to get the image right for this one. which I didn't do for my MOCS and some of them are displayed horribly. I will have hard time producing a image of a set I miss pieces in. So help filling those slots would be good.

I have submitted a small "test" subset. It's valid but hardly what you would call intressting build idea. just want to get everything straighten out before I go for the big ones.

Which ideabook and subset did you use for your test?  

I would rather not upload pictures that will be used in rebrickable's catalog to a site other than rebrickable.

Which ideabook and subset did you use for your test?  

I would rather not upload pictures that will be used in rebrickable's catalog to a site other than rebrickable.

I picked a easy one 250-1 subset 1. I also spent sometime looking through this one and there is alot of subset I can't build in correct colour, so picture would be a trouble in this one. I think I can manage about 50% at most. When the routine is setup I will go for the technic ideabooks.

bricksafe is hosted by nathan so it is rebrickable in a sense.

We didn't use our 250 ideabook very much.  The stickers are still in it in mint condition.  Our favorites have always been 7777, the train book, and 6000, the Bill and Mary book.

Okay, I will join and upload pictures to bricksafe.

We didn't use our 250 ideabook very much.  The stickers are still in it in mint condition.  Our favorites have always been 7777, the train book, and 6000, the Bill and Mary book.

Okay, I will join and upload pictures to bricksafe.

Could you scan that sticker sheet for me in high resolution, I would like to print out some copies for personal use, I have lost most of them but I don't need original. I like the 7777 also but I don't have much in the train department so that book would be a high miss ratio. 6000 I don't have in print, I think I got a scan of it. I should buy it. it's on my wanted list, aswell as rebuying some i have that have been worn down to a horrible condition.

for the 250 book my status is:

subset 1 small race car (test submission) Built.

subset 2 Pull up race cart (can't build in red)

subset 3 Pull up Towing truck (can't build in red)

subset 4 Ferry (can't build with yellow doors and windows)

subset 5-6 Airplanes; can build

subset 7-8 Trucks; can build

subset 9-10 Fire/police; can build

subset 11 Tractor, missing parts

subset 12-13 Construction; can build

subset 14 House (missing parts)

subset 15-16 cars, can build

subset 17-19 Space, (can't build in uniformed color)

subset 20-22 space, can build

subset 23 space, (can't build in uniformed color)

subset 24 castle, can build

subset 25 castle, (miss ability to build one minifig)

subset 26 castle, (can't build with yellow roof)

subset 27 castle, can build

End off ideabook.

Could you scan that sticker sheet for me in high resolution, I would like to print out some copies for personal use, I have lost most of them but I don't need original. I like the 7777 also but I don't have much in the train department so that book would be a high miss ratio. 6000 I don't have in print, I think I got a scan of it. I should buy it. it's on my wanted list, aswell as rebuying some i have that have been worn down to a horrible condition.

http://bricksafe.com/files/thea/trainlayout.jpg

You may have seen the picture already over at that "other" Forum.  What I wanted to point out is that there are builds in 7777 that don't need train parts.  The train car with the elephant cage right behind the engine I'm "retracking" in the picture is part of the circus theme like in 6000.  You can check out the 7777 pages at peeron.  You might enjoy building the conveyor belt model on page 13.

I will see what my husband Paul can do about the sticker sheet.  He's the printer/copier expert of the family.

Thanks for the list of what you need help with.  It's my sleep time right now, but when I get up, I'll have a look in my "before 1993" collection to see if I can build some of the ones you can't.  And maybe we can work out a trade for some of the parts you're missing.  I'm always in need of 12v straight track that you can find much easier in Europe.

okay my status for 7777-1

subset 1 (can't build with black wheels)

subset 2-3 (missing train parts)

subset 4-5 Can build

subset 6 Crane (can't build in correct color)

subset 7 (missing 1 train part)

subset 8-10 (train A,B,C) can't build either

subset 11  can build train house

subset 12 can build

subset 13 can't build train

subset 14 can build walkway, but not with so large grey plate, I have to subdivide it

subset 15 can build

subset 16 can build bridge

subset 17 can't build track A-G

subset 18 can build elephant with cage

subset 19 can't build (missing train parts)

subset 20 can't build (missing train parts)

subset 21 can't build (missing train parts)

subset 22 can't build exit rocket wagon

might have missed some subsets my catalog is in quite poor state.

http://bricksafe.com/files/thea/trainlayout.jpg

You may have seen the picture already over at that "other" Forum.  What I wanted to point out is that there are builds in 7777 that don't need train parts.  The train car with the elephant cage right behind the engine I'm "retracking" in the picture is part of the circus theme like in 6000.  You can check out the 7777 pages at peeron.  You might enjoy building the conveyor belt model on page 13.

I will see what my husband Paul can do about the sticker sheet.  He's the printer/copier expert of the family.

Yes I have seen it in the other place and recognised the layout directly, it just a extra new track around it.

You may have seen the picture already over at that "other" Forum.

Nothing and no-one is going to explode if we actually say Bricklink :) I'm quite happy to openly discuss or link to things on other forums.

Maybe you can also add the creations for which you get instructions in Sariels Unofficial lego technic builder's guide.

As di13 says, if this first test case looks groovy, we can extend it to other books. I'd definitely like to do more if this works well.

I'd suggest we'll need permissions for other builders/publishers data, so let's get this one done first!

well is the first entry okay? or is it something I should adjust. I can easily add the subsets and work through their inventories, the problem will be images for the ones I can't build. Not sure how I can upload them later, if I do them without image. does they work like MOCS. ie I can go in and change my own entries or do they behave diffrently?

I'm just waiting on Nathan. As for pictures that's not a problem, I can change set images, and if it's a MOC you can.