Tomik

New Website Legko-Shake.ru - Suspicion Of Theft

Hi all,

I was contacted by one woman if I agree with placing my MOCs on their web Legko-shake.ru When I visited it I've got very suspicious that they stole whole model databaze from Rebrickable. Was anyone else contacted by people from this web? If so, what have you answered them?

Nathan, do you know about this web and have you agreed with giving them whole model databaze from Rebrickable? I would like to know your opinion about this website before I reply on email from her.

Thanks

Thanks Tomik.  If you haven't heard directly from Nathan by now, please let me know, and I'll drag him out of v3 to answer you.  :rolleyes:  :)

Thanks Tomik.  If you haven't heard directly from Nathan by now, please let me know, and I'll drag him out of v3 to answer you.  :rolleyes:  :)

Thank you thea. It looks like authors of this site read this forum and they've promised me they contact Nathan directly.

They have contacted me now. I have never agreed to allowing anyone copy the contents of Rebrickable. The terms of use state that MOCs belong to the original designers and not Rebrickable, so I couldn't allow it even if I wanted to.

Or course, it's up to you if you want to allow them to use the models. It's not clear to me exactly what they've copied as it requires a login - are they hosting the PDFs? the parts lists? In any case, I replied indicating they do not have my permission and must remove the content until each designer gives them permission.

They have contacted me now. I have never agreed to allowing anyone copy the contents of Rebrickable. The terms of use state that MOCs belong to the original designers and not Rebrickable, so I couldn't allow it even if I wanted to.

Or course, it's up to you if you want to allow them to use the models. It's not clear to me exactly what they've copied as it requires a login - are they hosting the PDFs? the parts lists? In any case, I replied indicating they do not have my permission and must remove the content until each designer gives them permission.

As I know they haven't copied anyones instructions. There are links to them on their site. They've just used your database and I guess parts lists as well. If you try to search MOC on their site, it has exactly same code like on Rebrickable - I mean MOC-XXXX. I agreed with placing my models on their site because it is promotion for me. I just wanted to know if they contacted you when they decided to use Rebrickable as resource for making their database.