gabilin

Building Set: Missing Parts With Ignore Color Can't Be Exported

Hi guys,

Trying to build a set. Changed the build options to ignore color and got beautiful results: I need only 85 unique parts. The problem is that when I am hitting the 'Add to your BrickLink Wanted List' i am importing parts with Not Applicable colors. Bricklink, however, does accept the parts, but I can't buy them since they do not exist. And the BrickLink doesn't allow you to change the color of your wanted parts. So please, when building a set with Ignore color, can you set the most popular color to the parts, but not 'Not Applicable' and give ability to change it in the list before exporting it to Bricklink.

Thanks!

TL;DR: In your bricklink wish list, select all parts (the uppermost checkbox), and select Apply: Color, and choose "(not applicable)" and all your parts would be shown with the most common color. (and you could buy them with no problems)

Using the ignore colors option, wil get you into 2 little bugs:

The missing part list, shows all parts with "color error" and in blue color. I'ts not very critical, since you still get a clear picture of what parts are you missing, but displaying these parts with the set color / most common color would be ideal.

If you export that list, the color problem still persists, the exported document has all parts with the color ID set to 123 (or -1 depending of the export format). At least for bricklink you could get arround this by opening the file with a text editor and replacing "<COLOR>123</COLOR>" with noting. Your list will import just fine and you could shop your whislist with no problems.