guimel

Search For Set Returns No Result Despite Set Being Catalogued

Recommended Posts

If you enter 911612 in the search box you get "No search results found for query '911612'". Yet, the set is listed under SW911612 (found it thanks to brickset ironically). So, I guess there's two issues:

 

  • The search should have returned a result
  • The set number should be plain 911612. At least that's how it's written on the foil pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there was some problem before I became an Admin with adding sets that begin with 911...  Using the SW in front of it may have been the way chosen to handle it.  

 

I'll ask Nathan if there has been a fix done in v2, or if it's planned in v3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bug caused by a limitation with the search library and how it interacts with the change log.  

Here's an example.

If you look at 911 you'll see there are no changes showing.  But if you click on the All Changes link, it brings up all the changes to anything that starts with 911.

 

When I first became an Admin, I did some testing on it and found that I could make sets with the SW prefix appear in the set search by adding a tag.  I thought I'd found them all, but it looks like SW911612-1 may have been added after my initial testing.

 

I've checked and added tags to all the current sets with SW to make them show in searches for sets starting with 911.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites