day

Some Sets Yielding Partial Or No Builds

So, I was adding my sets and testing the site out, looks like it will be very nice and a great resource by the way, but for some reason my sets are not working correctly.

Grabbed the 10702 Creative box from Walmart. It shows up the correct picture, list the correct parts, and says I have everything to build it. But if I run that set it brings up zero 100% matches, the closest being a 60% match. For some reason it is not actually figuring out what can be built, even the basic builds in the manual.

I then grabbed a 10697 from walmart, the 1500 piece. This is showing a few of the manual builds, and a couple Mocs and maybe 2 other possible builds, but it is still less than even the established manual builds. 

When I run both of the above together the results are the exact same with or without 10702. If I then add in 31044 it does a great job identifying some nice MOCs from that set. 

I still have several to add, and really want to keep it simple to do with my family, but I am really confused why the potential builds are not being reported, and clearly with no difference by adding 10702 something is amiss. 

So, I was adding my sets and testing the site out, looks like it will be very nice and a great resource by the way, but for some reason my sets are not working correctly.

Grabbed the 10702 Creative box from Walmart. It shows up the correct picture, list the correct parts, and says I have everything to build it. But if I run that set it brings up zero 100% matches, the closest being a 60% match. For some reason it is not actually figuring out what can be built, even the basic builds in the manual.

I then grabbed a 10697 from walmart, the 1500 piece. This is showing a few of the manual builds, and a couple Mocs and maybe 2 other possible builds, but it is still less than even the established manual builds. 

When I run both of the above together the results are the exact same with or without 10702. If I then add in 31044 it does a great job identifying some nice MOCs from that set. 

I still have several to add, and really want to keep it simple to do with my family, but I am really confused why the potential builds are not being reported, and clearly with no difference by adding 10702 something is amiss. 

The builds shown in the instructions for 10702-1 are considered "b models".  b models have official LEGO instructions and can be built with just the pieces from the set.  However, someone has to submit them for approval through the Sets tab/Submit a Set before they become available to the build function.  It appears that there has been more interest in the other sets you mention, as they have some b models and MOCs listed.  Members who help out this way earn much  :wub:  and gratitude from other members.   :)

Since there are official printed instructions, you do not have to create instructions for b models and you may use an image of the completed model from the instructions.  If you look at 40222-1 and its alternate builds, you can see how it's done.

Something else that might be happening has to do with your default settings in the build function.  Check to see if you are using the settings for builds with less than 50 pieces.