matiketopelasu

Almost Dark Bluish Gray, But Not!

Hi! I have bought Lego 7781 and 4752. In both sets I have the same problem. Dark
Gray Bluish pieces looks all the same but when I look the pieces in different
lightning - some pieces are more blue than others and it's not the "old gray". I believe the color in those
pieces is not Dark Gray Bluish. I couldn't match the unknown color in any
name, could you help me?

These sets are from the time period when there were many variations within colors depending on the batches produced.  We use the name, Dark Stone Grey, provided by LEGO for these parts, to convert to Rebrickable's name, Dark Bluish Gray.

But there is multiple variations for Dark Stone Grey? Some bricks are more "bluish" than others? Even my eye tells me that there is two different colors in The set now. Should be only Dark Stone Grey.

There are sometimes variations in color that are not officially colors. I don't know if it still happens but it wasn't uncommon in the old days. I remember the early 1X1 plates with clip (type a) were often darker than other light gray parts but not dark gray. There were no other types of gray back then and they are officially light gray but in reality, there is a noticeable difference. With all the color changes in the early 2000's these things are not that surprising from this period.

Were the sets new or used? Ot could be either the parts were a little too exposed to light or that the original seller out and replaced the parts. I had the same problem with a used Supersonic RC set.