Just wanting to know if there is a way to add sub-set builds from a set to a collection? I purchased a second Sentinel for my 76022 X-Men versus the Sentinel set & would like to have some form of record of it, but Brickset does not have any way to do this currently, I was hoping Rebrickable might. I have also bought a number of Dimensions packs & have parted them out, but I have built some of the builds to keep from those sets, such as the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo, the DeLorean from BTTF & B.A's Van from the A-Team, while the rest of the parts from these sets have been added to my MOC parts collection.

If there are official LEGO instructions for the model and all the parts come from one set, you can submit an inventory of the parts to rebrickable as a b model.  Be sure to complete the submission process and change the status from WIP(work in progress} to Pending Approval.  Once your inventory has been approved, you'll be able to include it in your MySets collection.  You'll receive an email and some karma points  :wub:  as a Thanks from us.

Just a note about the Dimensions sets--I'm currently working on them to correct some errors in the database.  Some of the changes may affect previously saved back-ups of your loose parts.  If you run into any problems, just let us know here. :)

Awesome, thanks for that, it's great news, there will probably be a few b model submissions from me over the next few weeks then. Can a set have more than one b model submission?

I haven't official parted out my Dimensions packs, as I still have they down as complete sets, probably count them as parted out once I sell the discs.

before you submit make sure you know the difference between a B-model and a subset. a dimension set usually contain 1-3 subsets where each none minifig usually has three b-models. which make lego dimension kind of unique in how b-models work. usually b-models are just alternate builds which can contain subsets in themselves. so technically that would make them b models of a subset.

there is however no limit on how many subset  or b-model that can be submitted for a set. it really just a matter of following a naming system.

If it's a 'B-model of a subset' is also just a 'normal' B-model right?

As far as I know:

• B-model is something you can build with the parts of the set, but you have to take (things of) the set apart.
  • Subset is a part of the main model of a set (main model is most often the thing that is on the box) that can be built separately.

well a B-model is something you can build of the parts of the set, where Lego has given an instruction or picture for it such as on the box or instruction cover. anything else is an Alternate MOC. ie you have created something yourself from the pieces without guidance from Lego instructions or their pictures.

well since there is no guidelines for the scope of a b-model of a subset I would say it's okay to submit them as such. I would however prefer if you would post all B-models for one model before starting for the next within the same set.
ie for example in the simpson level pack. you have three "car" models and three "TV" models. make the follow each other in serie ie 1,2,3 and 4,5,6. 

However since the first model is the main model that kind of get screwed up with current guidelines

ie you would have 71202-1 and the subsets 71202-1-s1, 71202-1-s2, 71202-1-s3 followed by 71202-1-b1 to 71202-1-b4

which make my organisation sense scream. I rather have (71202-1-s1, 71202-1-s1-b1, 71202-1-s1-b2) or (71202-1-s1a to 71202-1-s1c) then the above. of course with the s3 b-models in there as well.