Doctroid

Help with missing missing [sic] parts?

5 posts in this topic

New user, currently I have one set and some parts in my inventory.

I'm finding that the list of missing parts when I go to Build this MOC! seems to be incomplete.

More specifically, if I go to http://rebrickable.com/mocs/StephenPakbaz/mini-juno-spacecraft and click Build this MOC! and from there click Find Parts to Build it tells me there are 2 parts for which I don't have enough quantity and 32 parts I don't have at all, so I would need to get a total of 34 unique parts. But back on the Build this MOC! page it tells me I am missing 30 unique parts. Four parts shown on Find Parts to Build (30132, 85863, 43898, and 6126b) are not shown on Build this MOC!, nor are they included if I export from there to BrickLink. (And indeed those parts are not in my inventory.) Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a bug here?

do you have ignore molds checked? maybe you have alternate parts that the engine uses in one step but not the other.

No, but now I find the discrepancy goes away if I uncheck ignore minifigs. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. But it seems to me this is either a bug or a serious unclarity in the user interface.

The Find Parts to Build page is a big headache for me. It's also one of the last things I've still got left to do in v3 as it's just so confusing :( At least I will make it consistent with the other build result pages.

Does that mean that the build page doesn't take into account the build options?

I'm having similar problems, and i'm also new here. After adding my sets and loose parts, when i search sets to build (ignoring color, printed and pattern, and mold variations) it shows i have all parts to build 8052-1 - Container Truck, but in the build page it lists 28 parts as missing. And if i change search options, in the results the missing parts its updated, but the build page always list the same