biodreamer

Forum Login doesn't work without reset password every single time.

Question

Every site session i have to reset my password to be able to post on the forum. Login on the main site works fine but not here.

It's annoying as hell, Please fix this asap so I can report issues and faults and suggestion for v3.

9 answers to this question

Should be working now. The next reset should stick and you can change your password.

I am not sure if the account settings on the forum is showing the accurate number of password characters, but it does not match my password length. Maybe the system never actually sets my password and that's why it never works. I had to reset twice already today.

I THINK i've fixed this issue on my laptop, chrome had 'allow notifications' off for the forum. Turning it on seems to have worked. Win 10 and Chrome. I'll try at home later, but I think the forum needs notifications allowed.

And where do I find that setting? I have seen that popup once and I think I did say No to it. Because I didn't see the need of getting disturbed when the site data doesn't have to be real time. Normal refresh or just navigate has always been good enough for me.

57 minutes ago, biodreamer said:

And where do I find that setting? I have seen that popup once and I think I did say No to it. Because I didn't see the need of getting disturbed when the site data doesn't have to be real time. Normal refresh or just navigate has always been good enough for me.

It only shows notifications when you actually have a tab with the forum open though, so it's not that big of a deal (the notifications that is, not the password reset).

1 hour ago, biodreamer said:

What happened to me with Safari browser was that rebrickable asked for permission and Safari automatically chose deny.  Once I said yes to rebrickable in MY Browser, I was able to stay logged in to the Forum and choose the Notification options under the drop down Account Settings under your name.

So check YOUR browser's Notification or Permissions. 

Well after digging deep into the advanced settings and into specific exception list I now got Notifications to work. However it seem to have no effect on ability to log in. still claim the password is wrong, so reset link is still the only way for me to temporary get in a few minutes before that times out.

I believe there's a general problem with changing passwords that causes this. I have a support person looking into it, but will take a while.