JackBauer

How to subtract a part form my parts list

Question

After building/completing an incomple set I bought, I would like to delete some parts from my parts list but I can't seem to find how to do that in the v3 version. Any help would be much appreciated.

22 answers to this question

You mean you have added a set to your collection, but you want Rebrickable to ignore some parts of that set when calculating your build percentage for other sets/mocs?
If so, you might be looking for the 'lost parts' feature. You can view your lost parts by going (in the top menu) to My Lego -> My Lost Parts. To add parts to your lost parts, just visit set page from the set you've lost the part, view the inventory, select the part you've lost and then go to the 'My Lost Parts' tab.

If that's not what you mean, maybe you could explain it a little better? :)

No, I mean that I have bought a set online that was incomplete. I have a lot of parts so I completed the set with some of my parts (that are listed in my parts list), but now I want to delete these parts I took from my parts list. In rebrickable v2 I could easily subtract a number of parts from the list. But in the new website I can't seem to find how to do that.

Ah, I see. You can go to your parts list, then click on the part you want to delete/subtract, then go to the 'Edit this part' tab to delete that part from the parts list or change the quantity of that part. Is that what you're looking for?

Hmm, that's weird. You cannot delete parts from the set-parts lists, but as far as I can see on your screenshot, you're not in the set-parts list anyway. So that shouldn't be the problem. Hmm... 

Maybe you should first select a single parts list at the left?

Haha. I wasn't sure, since I have only 1 parts list so it automatically showed the edit tab I guess.
Still kinda weird, because on the edit tab you can select a parts list, even though you've already selected one on the left. Maybe something to improve in the future :)

I also have a similar issue, added too many items to a part in my part list! In version 2 i just changed the quantity and hit "save". In version 3 I don't have this option? 

Using a negative number would work but the program doesn't allow for this either.

At the same tab I explained above you can edit the quantity of a part or completely delete it from the part lists. Before the edit tab is visible though, you first need to select a parts list at the left. Hope that makes sense... :)

Maybe I'm just a bit dense....probably what it is!!!

I have included some screen shots to see if I am on the right track.

1) My Parts

2) Brian's List 

3) after hitting the "edit parts list details"

So I am assuming the I don't want "Save Part List", or "Delete Part List"

If I hit "Import/Delete Parts" the only option is to "delete all parts"

Like I said I am probably being dense and not the programs fault!!!!!!.....damn me!

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 1.25.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 1.27.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 1.29.29 PM.png

No worries. Maybe we both don't understand each other a 100% correct :lol:
To edit the quantity of a part in your parts list, you have to select a single part (from the page of your screenshots) and then go the tab 'Edit this part' to edit the quantity of the part. :)

Ok I found it...I really feel the tab saying "Edit this part" wasn't there before....selective sight I guess. I'm sure I will have other issues.

In case others have the same issue, the solution is "My Parts List" - select which item to edit - 2nd tab is "Edit this Part"

This will allow you to change most attributes to the part.

Thanks

This is still very much a problem for me. I made a mistake and added too many of a part in one color, but now it's impossible to edit it. When I go to my "parts list" and click on some of the parts it goes to the edit-page, and then others (most of 'em) it goes to that parts' detailed page where I'm only allowed to add parts and not subtract any. And with the part I added too many of being one of these that go to the detailed page, I'm stuck with a wrong "parts list". Anyone have any ideas, or is it a glitch that needs to be fixed?

I feel that you have more than one parts list! If so you need to be in that parts list before being allowed to edit a part. So go to my parts lists, click into the parts list where the part you would like to edit is, choose the part and edit the numbers

Hopefully this does it for you

When you go to "My Lego" are you going to "My Parts Lists" or are you clicking on "All My Parts"? "All My Parts" doesn't allow me to change the number of parts.

1) Click on "My Parts Lists" from "My Lego"

2) Click on the list on the left, even if you only have one list

3) Click the part you want to edit

4) Change # of parts

Hope this works

I have the same problem with editing part quantities - but it appears to be a bug linked to the page number! I have multiple part lists, and my page is set to view 496 parts.

If I follow BUWHITE's instructions, it works fine - but only if the part I want to edit is on "page 1" of my parts list. If I click on the list I want to edit, then select "page 2" or "next page" to find my part, clicking the part does not bring up the Part Summary and hence I cannot edit the quantity of the part. Clicking on the list again gets me back to "page 1" (and part quantities are editable), click on "page 2" or "next" means I can't edit the part quantity. VERY frustrating!

23 hours ago, BUWHITE said:

When you go to "My Lego" are you going to "My Parts Lists" or are you clicking on "All My Parts"? "All My Parts" doesn't allow me to change the number of parts.

1) Click on "My Parts Lists" from "My Lego"

2) Click on the list on the left, even if you only have one list

3) Click the part you want to edit

4) Change # of parts

Hope this works

Has anyone else seen this? 

I tried it just to see and you are right, behavior is not consistent. If you display a single list and click on a part, you get the popup where you can change the quantity. If you change page, and click a part, you are brought to the part in full window and don't have the same options. If you go to page 2 and come back to page 1, you have the same problem even in page 1. It seems something is getting lost in the navigation.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I'll submit it.

Chris38911 and Vokhev, you both described it better than me, hehe. And thank you for confirming that it's not only me, fair enough that I'm a newbie here, but my general understanding of how a webpage/database works shouldn't be that off. ;) And at least for now I've been able to fix my stuff by selecting the colors and categories so that I only get one page with parts, because then it works of course since it's Page 1, but it would be great to have the whole thing fully functional of course.

Thanks for the help

chris38911, I think I have been avoiding that issue by having my settings naturally showing me 496 parts per page and only trying to edit when I have selected the drill down of the part that I want. Since this only shows me a max of one page I guess I don't end up with that issue. Hopefully it will get worked out.