Pioneer4x4

Can Someone Help Me Understand"my Parts" & "my Lost Parts"?

I have been adding my sets to my set list, and going through and selecting which parts and how many are missing.  (I am buying some incomplete sets, and want to complete them)

I also have added some as loose parts.

I have been able to export my lost parts list and import it to bricklink (after editing out offending items).

What I would like to be able to do is to use my "My Parts" list against my "My Lost Parts" list and have it show which of my extra parts can be used to fill in my missing ones automatically.

well the easiest way is to add the incomplete sets and bricks as loose parts, use the build feature to determine how complete it is. Then you can compile a list of lost parts from that. 

OK,that process makes sense,  (you can exclude complete sets from the build option, correct?)

Also 1 set I have, I have 2 of them, 1 complete, and 1 %90 complete, how would I compare that?  I guess I could just temporarily remove the complete set, then break up the remaining to loose parts...

SO, what happens if you have a set in your inventory with some parts marked as "lost", then you break the set to loose pieces?

are the parts counted as both loose, and lost, or does it 

1 - not add the lost ones and

2 - remove the lost ones since the set it gone.

OK,that process makes sense,  (you can exclude complete sets from the build option, correct?)

Also 1 set I have, I have 2 of them, 1 complete, and 1 %90 complete, how would I compare that?  I guess I could just temporarily remove the complete set, then break up the remaining to loose parts...

SO, what happens if you have a set in your inventory with some parts marked as "lost", then you break the set to loose pieces?

are the parts counted as both loose, and lost, or does it 

1 - not add the lost ones and

2 - remove the lost ones since the set it gone.

if you have the set 100% complete in your loose parts, make sure you build with exact and loose parts only. and you can choose to click on a link to combine the set from the loose parts and move it to the setparts. after this is done refresh the page and it will give you the % of combining a second set.

not sure how the lost parts work when you do that. I simply don't add set that isn't 100% complete. try it and if it don't do what it should. give Nathan a bugreport or suggestion on how it should work.

OK, I will putz around with the sets feature.  The reason I added the incomplete one was to easily get the missing part list, so I can export that to buy missing parts...   

Thanks again.

Reply to my old thread.
​how do I export missing parts from only 1 set?

I want to import them to brinklink, based on sets.   Or if you could auto import them to brinklink with a comment with the set number, that would be great as well.