Pioneer4x4

Purchasing Missing Parts

I assume brinklink is the easiest way to get lists of missing/lost parts to a site to buy from.  I have it mostly figured out, but still wondering if there is a fully documented flow.   Does anyone have other sites/stores that they can recommend that you can upload automated lists of parts to buy?

I have just written an article about the process of ordering new parts. This is not really about Bricklink alternatives, but it describes the process I go through: Click

Yes, good article. A question - have you tried using the Multi-Buy feature of Rebrickable at all? I'm the first to admit it needs a lot of work but was my first attempt at trying to automate the process of buying from multiple shops.

Also if BrickOwl had a similar wanted list import feature do you think people would use it instead of BL?

Is BrickOwl popular nowadays? I've only used it two times to order rare parts. Also, what numbering scheme do they use? Is it compatible with ours?

Since I haven't purchased from BrickOwl yet, I cannot judge if this should be included, because I have no idea how good parts availability or prices are ;) But in general, I would say this is a good idea.

I did not yet try to use the Multi-Buy feature. To be honest, I didn't really look at the pricelist too thoroughly. But I just realized that the multibuy feature might be useful, since you get a good overview over parts and shops. But, right now, I think it is partially not working correctly and partially not really usable. Should I create separate bugreports/feature suggestions?

Edit: just looked at BrickOwl and they have a wishlist feature. No idea how compatible it is or if you can import XML lists or anything like that.

BrickOwl is growing fast (1000+ stores now), but I'm not sure how it compares with Bricklink. I do know it's far easier to integrate with :)

They have a completely different numbering scheme (random numbers!), but I have a mapping table to take care of that which is automatically updated via their API. I haven't displayed that data anywhere as it's pretty useless for most people.

The Multi-Buy was an attempt at solving the problem, but proved far too complex for a decent number of parts/stores. I'll have to come up with something else.

OK Im new to rebrickable and want to thank the creators for this awesome tool, but im definetly must be missing something.

Here's the scenario: I bought a MOC instructions set and of course it comes with a detailed parts list required to build the set.

I go to RB and "add" the sets I own (right now i only own "commercial" sets).

Now I try to match every part required in the MOC with "what i own"... but im not sure how to do it the most efficiently way.

I've read the (very nice!) article at http://brickstastic.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/on-ordering-supplemental-parts/ but still cant figure out how to operate RB.

Right now I can only get a list of parts if I click on each individual set i know I own.... So in short:

1) is there a way to get a FULL, unique list of ALL the parts in ALL the sets i own, combined?

2) if not, what's the fastest way to query RB to know if I own that part or not?

3) I quickly tried the search function and it reports back "you own 1 of this in 3 of your sets" but it wont tell me WHICH sets I should look this part into??

Thanks all!

Click the 'Build this MOC!' button on the MOC's page, that will show you which parts you are missing  :) That is, assuming the MOC has been added to Rebrickable by its author. Otherwise, you will have to create a private MOC, and upload the supplied parts list to it.

database admins can allways see things if they want. it might not be easy but they can; they just don't bother unless there is a bug to track down.