biodreamer

Add a QA "Validate Inventory" Button

Question

It would be good for non submitter of set inventories to be able to validate both set parts and loose parts. and if they are correct tell the site that you have found the inventory correct. instead of only having submit change request for when it's wrong. This way we can see how likely that there is a human error in the inventory by how many that has validated a inventory to be correct.

ie if a change request comes after 25 people has validated it, it's more likely that the change request is faulty then all those before him or her being sloppy.  or that it's a question of a second inventory version. up to the admin to decide if they want to roll out any change but this give them more facts to build their decision on. after a inventory change is made the QA count should be reseted to 1. (the submitter)

and maybe a QA badge for the set telling how many that has quality approved the set inventory.

4 answers to this question

I like it! And the number of people who validated should be displayed. That would give users an idea of the reliability of an inventory. as soon a 4-5 people have confirmed it, you're pretty sure it's good.

Now that I buy new sets again, I always check at least if the extra parts match. When they don't, I send a change request but when they do, I can't indicate anywhere that, yes, they are good, I've checked.

Good idea, I like it, but at the same time I can see a few issues... There are sets that have had inventory changes over the span of time the set was available, how can that issue be addressed. Another issue is if they created the inventory using incorrect parts, uploading a set built in LDD to insta-build inventory can be prone to errors with some parts defaulting to the earliest mould variant. Overall though, I can see this as an idea worth implementing.

This is a great idea, funny I was just thinking of this earlier then found a post about it!!

@TeagueO, if you like the suggestion, you should upvote the original post. That's probably the best way to signify your support for it and increase chances it is included in future additions.