Vokhev

How do I get the level I need to help?

Question

I love using Rebrickable for my inventory and I like helping to make it better both to thank you guys and just to like using it even more. I see ways I could help (notably by providing photos of older parts I have) but I'm level 3 so I can't do it right now. What can I do that's actually useful at level 3 and would bring me points? I don't want to just go around liking MOCs or commenting for nothing just to get points. It feel like it's abusing the system and even lowering the quality of the data. I did many things before like correcting parts variants that were incorrectly entered but that was done through forum discussions and then batch updates by the admins so none of that brought points. Right now, there are things I can do to help but it feels like I don't have the access to do them until I do stuff that doesn't help.

Also, is submitting part photos really at level 5 or is it a typo? because if it is, why even have a level 4?

https://rebrickable.com/help/users-levels/

4 answers to this question

It's ok, I made it to level 5 quite quickly once I started submiting some change. I did not expect the points to go up that fast. The large numbers scared me a bit originally because my first actions only gave 1 or 2 points. I'll have to do a photo session with my old parts.

Photos require level 4 now. It's not really that hard to get there if you use the site regularly and comment, like, follow, etc.

2 hours ago, Vokhev said:

What can I do that's actually useful at level 3 and would bring me points? I don't want to just go around liking MOCs or commenting for nothing just to get points. It feel like it's abusing the system and even lowering the quality of the data.

Thank you for that.  People have been abusing it which has forced Nathan to put stricter controls on certain things that earn points.

I did many things before like correcting parts variants that were incorrectly entered but that was done through forum discussions and then batch updates by the admins so none of that brought points.

There is now a Submit Change Request button on the part pages that you can use instead of the Forum.

The levels are meant to be flexible.  Something in the future may be a Level 4 permission.

Also, is submitting part photos really at level 5 or is it a typo? because if it is, why even have a level 4?