legolijntje

Don't export spare parts

So, I came across this when using the pbg export feature (which seems to work pretty nice!), but it looks like Rebrickable does this with all export formats: exporting the spare parts. I don't know about other people, but I generally don't need the spare parts in an inventory export. I personally would like to be able to export an inventory without the spare parts.

I can understand that some people would like to include those, so I maybe it would be best to make exporting spare parts optional?

I think it would be best if the spare parts of an export a marked as such. So whereever the export is used afterwards, the spare parts can be clearly distinguished from the regular parts. So it depends on the definition of the export-format (not on Rebrickable) to sort these things out.

The Rebrickable-API V3 (and also V2) for example clearly marks a part of a set as spare part. Other export-formats may not have this marker. IMHO Rebrickable behaves correct in such cases when it exports also the spare parts (they belong to the inventory of the set as delivered).

But to your wish: for some of us it really make sense to have the option to not export the spare parts; so make it an option/checkbox would be "nice to have".

I'd like to bump/repeat this feature requests. I actually recently spoke with more people wanting this very same feature, they're just not active on these forums (and thus don't vote/reply).