sheo

Adding spare parts

In the part popup, if the checkbox "Spare part" is selected, the number of parts in the previous field is reset to 1. I guess this was made with good intentions, but it's actually quite confusing because the next field resets the previous one, which is supposed to be correctly filled already, and it's not easy to notice that something has changed. Remember that there may be more than one spare part of each type in some sets.

On February 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, sheo said:

In the part popup, if the checkbox "Spare part" is selected, the number of parts in the previous field is reset to 1. I guess this was made with good intentions, but it's actually quite confusing because the next field resets the previous one, which is supposed to be correctly filled already, and it's not easy to notice that something has changed. Remember that there may be more than one spare part of each type in some sets.

Auto-fill with 1 was actually a suggestion I made before beta testing.  About 90% of the time, the number of spare parts is only 1.  Entering 30-50+ different spare parts for one set, was very time-consuming when you had to change the number of parts on most of them.(Yes there were several with that many that I did, thanks to lego increasing the use of 1x1 plates and tiles 70751-1 Even sets with only 700 parts now have as many as 39 unique spare parts. 41232-1)

It has taken a little time to get used to needing to click the Spare box before putting in a larger number, but it really is no different from remembering to change to 1 spare part in v2.   Except that you don't have to do it as often.

The auto fill of the set was TobyMac's suggestion.  In fact we both made our suggestions within a short time of each other.  And are very pleased with being able to add the spare parts much quicker now.:wub: