Sign in to follow this  
EDHSInc

Designer needed for 1915 steamship for a not-for-profit

REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS

The Eastland Disaster (July 24, 1915) is Chicago's (and the Great Lakes') greatest loss of life tragedy. While 844 people died in a matter of minutes, tens of thousands more were affected by it. Most were 1st- and 2nd-generation immigrant laborers.

The Eastland Disaster Historical Society exists to win a place in history for these every-day, ordinary people. As part of our long-term strategy, we would like to have a LEGO model of the S.S. Eastland designed such that we can sell the instructions and parts to those people and families who wish to build this ship in commemoration of what happened.

Motion picture footage (60 seconds) from the tragedy.

To learn about the tragedy and to see images of the ship.

If you are interested and can assist us in designing a replica of the S.S. Eastland, please contact us.

EastlandDisaster.org

Email us now.

Thanks legolijntje.

What i understand from the request that the model only the instructions are sold.

The scaled models from me and Konajra are way to big for making instructions.

I have make many construction kits for company's, but deliver only complete kits, with printed instruction book, parts and box.

So i am not the right person to make only the design and digital instructions.(this is for protection of my designs)

Kind regards,

Edwin Korstanje 

On 25-2-2017 at 6:35 PM, EDHSInc said:

Designer needed for 1915 steamship for a not-for-profit

REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. As part of our long-term strategy, we would like to have a LEGO model of the S.S. Eastland designed such that we can sell the instructions and parts to those people and families who wish to build this ship in commemoration of what happened.

I have read this request now a couple of times and seen this type of request time after time. Ask for a non profit, but then they wanted sell instructions and parts:huh:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

On 27/2/2017 at 10:21 PM, Edwin Korstanje said:

I have read this request now a couple of times and seen this type of request time after time. Ask for a non profit, but then they wanted sell instructions and parts:huh:

It's called a non-profit, not a non-revenue. :-) A non-profit can make money, or even hire people, it's (more or less) not allowed to distribute profits to members.