Patrilev

Submit Sets without Parts (eg Books)

Question

Hi, I am having some trouble in understanding how to submit sets without parts, eg a Book. For now i already register the "5004854-1 - LEGO® Star Wars in 100 scenes" and it is with "In Progress" status, but is impossible to finalize the submition because there is no part  in the inventory. 

Someone in the forum (Set inventories Topic) sugested that i have to include the book itself as a part... with makes no sense at all, since the part is not in the database either. (or is possible i understood wrong?)

So, how do I proceed? And if it not possible for me to finalize the submission, i gently ask if one of the admins could do it for me.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

There has been some discussion about this and we are trying to come up with a good method for cataloging Books/magazines with/without parts.  The best solution we could come up with for now is this....

1.  Book/magazine without parts should be submitted by sending me a private message with as much info as possible.  That way we can determine if the book is useful enough to be added as an Ideabook.  You'll be notified of the decision and how to proceed if it's approved. 

2.  Book or magazine with insert that contains regular loose parts, as part of the binding, should be submitted as a Set by the usual method with only the regular parts in inventory.

3.  A boxed set, or a magazine, that has a separate normal book/magazine(no inserts in the binding) and a package of parts should be listed as a Set, with the book/magazine as a part in the Non LEGO category.  If the package of parts has an official LEGO number on it, the package will be added to the Boxed Set as its own set with inventory.  If there is no number on the package, the parts will be added to the set by the normal method.  Magazines must include the country and date(month/year) of publication.  Send a private message to me if your level is not high enough to add a part.  I will add the book/magazine part to the database and notify you when you can proceed. 

These guidelines are meant to be temporary.  There will be some changes in the future that may impact how books/magazines are catalogued.

The solution should be a way of handling "instructions" in sets in general. ie not used for building but still there for collector to be marked lost or owned. one entry per instruction book. What we really need is a way to mark a set a LOC ie a LEGO own creation, where parts aren't added to your collection if you mark the set owned since there was no parts in the set from the beginning. ideabook submissions and the old super set instructions comes in mind.