BobWiseNZ

Deleting My Lost Parts within sets has problem

Hi.

I'm not sure that this is actually a bug, but it doesn't really make sense and there isn't enough information in the interface to deal with the problem without more info.

The situation is that I added a part to My Lost Parts. Now I want to remove that part, because I've found it. The problem is that the Delete Lost Part button doesn't always show up. It seems that the button/lost part is linked to either the main parts list or the spare parts list, depending on where I mark the part as lost. Following the reproduction steps will make it easier to understand.

To reproduce:

1. Add a set to you My Sets list (I'm not sure if this step is required).
  2. Take a note of a part which is in the spare parts list.
  3. In the main parts list for that set, mark as lost the part which you noted in step 2. Call this the "first" missing part.
  4. In the spare parts list for that set, mark one part (something different) as lost. Call this the "second" missing part.
  5. Go to the My Lost Parts list.
  6. Click on the first missing part. You will see a link to the set. Close the popup.
  7. Click on the second missing part. See the identical link to the same set. Click the link - this navigates you to the set.

Expected results:

• When I click on the first lost part in the spare parts list, in the My Lost Parts tab, it will tell me how many are lost and I will see the Delete Lost Part button.
  • When I click on the second lost part in the main parts list, in the My Lost Parts tab, it will tell me how many are lost and I will see the Delete Lost Part button.

Actual results:

• In both cases above, it doesn't tell me how many parts are marked missing and the Delete Lost Part button is missing.

Additional notes:

• The button appears correctly when I have navigated to the set and I click on the first lost part in the main parts list, and when I click on the second lost part in the spare parts list.
  • I could just delete the part using the My Lost Parts popup when I select a part, but the Delete Lost Part button doesn't appear there if I have marked the part missing in more than one set.
  • I can think of a couple of solutions to this problem. One is to treat the part the same when clicked from either list. The other is to somehow inform the user that the part is missing from either the main or spare part list. I think the first option is a far better and easier to use solution, unless there's some reason that the parts need to be explicitly linked to either the main or spare list.

Thanks again for all the improvements you've made recently!

Nathan

The lost parts are linked to specific inventory items, so it does treat normal and spare parts as completely different.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:04 PM, BobWiseNZ said:
  • I could just delete the part using the My Lost Parts popup when I select a part, but the Delete Lost Part button doesn't appear there if I have marked the part missing in more than one set.

This was changed recently, so should work better,

On 3/9/2017 at 5:04 PM, BobWiseNZ said:
  • I can think of a couple of solutions to this problem. One is to treat the part the same when clicked from either list. The other is to somehow inform the user that the part is missing from either the main or spare part list. I think the first option is a far better and easier to use solution, unless there's some reason that the parts need to be explicitly linked to either the main or spare list.

I've added some messages to make it clearer when this happens.