gonzalesdp

Set Number Ordering

Question

Good Morning,

When ordering sets by their set number, the ordering is alphabetical and not numerical.  Meaning that set 1000 will come before set 111.  Is there any way you could make it so that the ordering was in numerical order?

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

Dan

9 answers to this question

14 hours ago, gonzalesdp said:

Good Morning,

When ordering sets by their set number, the ordering is alphabetical and not numerical.  Meaning that set 1000 will come before set 111.  Is there any way you could make it so that the ordering was in numerical order?

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

Dan

Hi Dan,  

It was a bit of a coincidence to read your post, because my husband was just complaining tonight about the same kind of problem in a project he's working on using Excel.  :)

Making an @Nathan  note to bring this to his attention.  I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it sounds familiar.  I think it is on his list for next v3 improvements.

Thea

1 hour ago, thea said:

Making an @Nathan  note to bring this to his attention.  I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it sounds familiar.  I think it is on his list for next v3 improvements.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I posted about this before, but I think it was in the V3 tests/bugs subforum. I'm also pretty sure Nathan replied back then. I'll take a look if I can find it.

EDIT: can't find it. Probably because the V3 forum is gone.

Is this the post you were thinking about?  I couldn't find anything else that was related to the current question.

17 minutes ago, thea said:

Is this the post you were thinking about?  I couldn't find anything else that was related to the current question.

Edit---

@legolijntje

https://rebrickable.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1853-sorting-by-set-number-sorts-by-character-not-by-value/

Not sure if I'm able to see this because I'm a Moderator.  Let me know if the link doesn't work for you and I'll quote it instead.

4 hours ago, thea said:

No, that's another thing. Not the post I was talking about. Ah well, maybe I'm imagining things (although I'm still pretty sure... :P) 

On March 10, 2017 at 3:24 AM, thea said:

Edit---

@legolijntje

https://rebrickable.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1853-sorting-by-set-number-sorts-by-character-not-by-value/

Not sure if I'm able to see this because I'm a Moderator.  Let me know if the link doesn't work for you and I'll quote it instead.

The topic is exactly what the OP is talking about.  That's why it was familiar to me.  You may have missed my edit, or I wasn't clear that it was a different link.

3 hours ago, thea said:

The topic is exactly what the OP is talking about.  That's why it was familiar to me.  You may have missed my edit, or I wasn't clear that it was a different link.

Oh, whoops. :rolleyes: I missed the edit part of the post. But, yeah, that link is the one I meant.
Anyway, let's not turn this into a topic-hunt. Not really necessary right? ;)