BEAVeR

Export Part List To Ldd?

When building an alternate MOC in LDD, I often need to check the instructions and put all the parts in a file myself, to use it as a template. But I was wondering, since this website has part lists of a lot of official sets, whether it is possible to get those some way or another into a template for LDD. Has this something to do with those export options? Anyway, that would save me a lot of work, so thank you in advance.

Well since LDD has so limited part library that exporter wouldn't be able to do it's job most of the time anyway so I can't see why nathan would do all the hazzle to write back into that format. Reading a file is much easier then writting one, you simply only need to read what you care about. while when writting must do everything correctly or the program will protest or crash.

I have no plans to be able to export into LDD format. However, most sets already have LDD files available on Eurobricks.

I know that (I'm a contributer myself), but those usually don't include spare parts, or - if it's a 3 in 1 creator model - a lot of parts. Anyway, maybe it's best to use those files and add the few extra sa7pares I can find here on Rebrickable. Using LDD Manager seems an option as well...