VorpalRyu

Move multiple parts/sets to another list

After starting to catalog all my loose MOC parts, I found the post about the limit on parts lists (the number of parts in my list by this point was 4,329) & had to move all the parts to lists broken down by part types to avoid the limit. This was an extremely time consuming task & would have been sped up if I could have tagged/selected multiple items to move to another list, can we get something like this happening?

I agree. Having to split stuff into many lists is a big bummer. If there are no functionalities like this to do it efficiently, it will also be very impractical.

Yes, some kind of checkbox list, where you can select all list items you wish to move to another list, would be extremely nifty. But I don't know how hard that would be to achieve.

Meanwhile, waiting for this feature to be added, I have a method of moving selected parts from one list to another. At least it's faster than using the web interface...

1. Select the From-list in the web interface.
2. Export part list to a Rebrickable CSV and open it in Notepad.
3. Open another Notepad window and create a To-list.
4. Cut and paste the lines for the parts you wish to move, from From-list to To-list. Can be tricky to begin with, but you'll learn.
5. Save the two parts lists where you can find them.
6. Import the saved From-list CSV file using the Replace Parts option.
7. Select the To-list in the web interface.
8. Import the saved To-list CSV file using the Append Parts option.

This may look more complicated than it actually is. It works fine with me, and is many times faster than moving them one by one in the web interface.