BUWHITE

Building a new set

Question

Could someone go through with me the right procedure to build a new set that I now have all the parts to...I would like to chose a model/or a moc and have rebrickable pull the parts from my available parts lists and remove the parts from the available parts. I can't seem to make it work as I would expect it to.

I'm probably a bit dense....

3 answers to this question

I believe the error occurred because you did not select a list.   Are all the 558 parts in one parts list?  If Yes, then you need to be sure that list is set to "Available for building".  

If the 558 parts are in different lists, you need to choose the primary list you wish to use.  The build function will start with that list, and then go to other parts lists to find the remaining parts needed to complete the build.  

Protect any lists you do not want changed by making them unavailable for building.  Or, instead of making the list unavailable, do an Export Parts as a backup of each list you want to protect, so you can restore the list(s) if necessary.

Since I haven't gotten a response yet maybe someone can tell me what I might be doing wrong with this procedure.

1) Go to "Sets" and "Search Sets"

2) Type in Set number I am trying to do "8671"

3) Click "Build this Set" from the green button on the right

4) Click "Combine my parts into sets" 

58f0c642b3bd5_ScreenShot2017-04-14at8_52_59AM.thumb.png.7e3285500e3a027247fac1ce4b89c4f1.png

5) Once I do this I get this error?

58f0c67a212a5_ScreenShot2017-04-14at8_53_58AM.thumb.png.ccffedbed781bfaf95f59d5c588342df.png

6) I don't know if this is the error but I have 7 pars lists....do I have to pick one, then it picks from my other lists? I'm concerned with it messing up my lists.

Ah, so I pick a list that the program starts with and then it auto selects the other lists to fulfill the other parts.

Got it!