TobyMac

Items in a row sometimes reduced

Weird thing, not sure if it's a bug or it's at my end. Sometimes, in about 1 in 10 times, the number of items on a row in an inventory is reduced. See Image. In this case it's 5, it also sometimes is 3. When I hit refresh it's the normal 8 again.

I use GoogleChrome with Windows 10, res 1280x1024

small_rows.png

Well, I think it has something to do with the (kinda not 100% working) responsiveness of the website.
Certainly no offense Nathan (if you read this), but I've noticed an incredible amount of quirks and problems regarding the responsiveness of the website. Especially on mobile-sizes, but also smaller desktop-resolutions don't always work very well. All kinds of little things that go to the wrong places, things that fall off-screen, things that don't line up anymore, things that are just not very intuitively placed anymore etc. Nothing major, but certainly not perfect.

Is it always on MOCs? I made a change recently to only load the inventory when the tab becomes active (or the Buy Parts tab is active), to save server resources. Perhaps it's not drawing properly when the tab is hidden. It should be as wide as the faint line you can see under the tab headings. I can't reproduce it yet though.

Most of my testing is on a 4k screen, so smaller resolutions are only tested when I remember to... I guess I should try harder :) Feel free to point out the issues though.