Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
candella1

Help-New to this-Submitting MOC parts list?

3 posts in this topic

I would like to submit a MOC, but I don't wanna mess things up before I begin. This would be my first time submitting. I could use some help and suggestions on how to go about doing the parts list for the MOC? I assume you might need to know what I'm using for building and instructions first? I created it, then "re-created" it using LDD. I imported the lxf file into "Blueprint" and created pdf instructions for it. The pdf has a parts list at the end of the instructions. I also exported the BOM from LDD. I took a photo of it already too. That's as far as I've gotten. The guidelines say you can import from a CAD file or add via the parts search. Pretty sure I don't have a CAD file to import? Does that leave me with adding parts using the search? I assume the "search method" is similar to adding parts to a personal parts list? Suggestions on whether I should submit both the lxf file AND pdf instructions, or just the pdf instructions would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

Hi candella1, when you get to step five in submitting you MOC (inventory) you will see a button that says something like "Import/delete parts" click on that.  A box will pop up that you should drag and drop your LXF file onto.  This will load every part you used in LDD.  You should definetely load the LXF, if you can others may appreciate the pdf.

I hope this helps TeagueO

Edited by TeagueO
I didn' include evrything I wanted