thea

Give the Technic 40th Anniversary Set a Number

Question

Nathan has said to make up a number for it.  I'm open to suggestions for the number.:unsure:

Decision will be made by April 30.

8 answers to this question

Any other idea I come up with risks clashing with a future official LEGO set, eg 32140 (although I suppose this could be 321-40 but then clashes with an existing set) or 32523 from the number of the commemorative brick.

Hi there.

I think this set definitely needs a set number. I really want to build it but I don't want to dismantle my BMW R 1200 set to do it. 

The best way to resolve my dilemma would be to be able to see the minimum amount of parts I need to buy in order to replace them, so that I can have both of these sets built.

When you download the building instructions for it from Lego's website, you need to search for them under 42063, and the filename comes out as 42063_40Years.pdf, so if I was to suggest a set number, it could be 42063-40. It's not likely to clash too much with an official set number.

fine tuning my suggestion a bit:

I vote for combining all sets in the super set as a number 42057+42061+42063-1 so we could have super sets like 42057x2-1 for those super sets that build something of multiple copies of a set. Order of sets in combination should be ascending, so we don't get all the different combination of ordering.

I propose combining a couple people's suggestion and going with 42063-40 and having the Set Name be "Technic 40 years 42057-1 + 42061-1 + 42063-1".  I think the actual set number should be short and as close to the LEGO website download as possible.  Putting all the set numbers in the name makes it searchable using any of the 3.  I'll also add tags to/for each set, and a note explaining that some parts are taken from each set.   

In v3 we can have multiple submissions for inventories.  Anyone who wishes to submit an inventory for 42063-40 can do so.  I'll look at all of the submissions received and choose the most accurate.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion.:)

I vote for combining all sets in the super set as a number 42057-42061-42063-1 which would allow the super set to come up as a result independent on which set you searched on. it also would open up for a common way of marking up any other superset, may it be MOCS or any created by LEGO that is missing number. Superset shouldn't really contain more then 2-4 sets.

No inventories have been submitted. :(