kurenai

HELP ON BUILDING GUIDE MODE - LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER

Question

Hi, my son and I are trying to build a moc (72055 c model) with lxf file and Lego Digital Designer program... it's the first time we use Lego Digital Designer and the problem we have is that Building Guide mode apparently join pieces with no logical procedure so in complex models like this it's impossible to finish the building of the model because you can't join more pieces when it becomes complex.... so, the question is... what's the right way to build a MOC model with a lxf file? If anyone could help us we would really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-30 09.36.43.png

3 answers to this question

Hi kurenai, there are a few things you could do:

1.  try assembling the individual sections aside from the main model. When you have gone through the instructions try to assemble the sections then, instead of having to add a piece that belongs on the inside. (LDD can be really annoying like that.

2. If that doesn't seem to work you might have to go piece by piece, but it might help to only partially put pieces together instead of all the way (easier to get inside and add pieces).  This might take a hours (assembling and dissembling) but if you really want the model, you  probably won't mind so much.

3.  If you simply can't figure it out, try contacting the owner of the MOC to see if s/he can make a different format of instructions (eg. .pdf) I am sure s/he would be happy to help.

I hope this helps, I really recommend option #1, figuring out a bunch of small sections about 30-50 pieces each, then trying to assemble them when done.  Happy Building!!

Hi TeagueO

Thanks so much for your reply.

I tried option 1, but it didn't work for me... so I will try option 2

One question: How should I try to contact with the owner of the MOC? (my little son is really interested in having fun with this MOC and I'm not sure if I could figure it out going piece by piece...

Thanks again 

Another approach would be import it into stud.io or any ldraw that support ldd import and make the steps yourself before handing it to your son.