Eddy

How can i combine a new set from my part list

Question

I have a huge problem, i want to combine a set from my part list i know i have the parts but they are in 3 different part list, and that is do to the plan restrictions.

I can only chose 1 part list, so how can i combine parts from 3 list into a new set??????????

It seems this feature is lost in V3 with the plan restriction for me.

Anybody an idea, and yes i can do it part by part but that takes a few days for 1500 parts.

11 answers to this question

When you make the choice for part list, it is for the First part list the function will use.  If it doesn't find all the parts in the First part list, it will go to your other part lists that you have made available, find the parts needed, and remove them from those other lists.

Hi Thea

Thanks will look into it but IE11 will not go to the next step maybe it is my PC will look tommorow by my dad maybe i can find what is the problem.

I thought it had something to do with 3 part list.

Grts Marchel

27 minutes ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

Hi Thea

Thanks will look into it but IE11 will not go to the next step maybe it is my PC will look tommorow by my dad maybe i can find what is the problem.

I thought it had something to do with 3 part list.

Grts Marchel

If you run into any more problems, let me know what set you are trying to combine.  I can check to see if there may have been changes made to the set or its parts that would cause a problem.  For example, if you parted out a set before the spare parts were added to the inventory, and are trying to build it now including the spare parts, you might not have all the spares needed.

I combined some of my parts into sets a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I had parts in more than one part list but I was definitely missing some parts. The system added the sets to my lists as requested and removed the parts I had, ignoring any missing parts. I've got another box of mixed parts to sort so hopefully I'll be able to add some more sets in this way again soon and can test whether the system is removing items from multiple parts lists.

After searching on a few W10/ IE11 PC's it seems to be a huge bug in IE11.

It has effect on many websites the main website on this moment for me is Bricklink, but also on websites whit advanced html programming.

IE11 gets stuck and has to be started new again, this happens many times, very annoying.

That is why i can not combine my loose parts into a set, have to look for a new browser and i do not want Chrome ore Edge.

1 hour ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

That is why i can not combine my loose parts into a set, have to look for a new browser and i do not want Chrome ore Edge.

Well, no idea why you don't want Chrome or Edge... But, you can also use Firefox.

Yes i will explain but it is very of topic, Edge is terribly slow, and Chrome is running fare to heavy on my memory makes everything slow.

My pc is running many programs on the same time when i'm working on it, IE11/ Word2000/ Foxit PDF reader/ AVS Mediaplayer(for watching downloaded TV series on my TV)/ Thunderbird/ My scanner when i'm working for the librairy/ Faststone Image Viewer and some more, this works verywell no memory problems, with chrome there are memory problems.

And Chrome takes 30sec to start up, it has no idee what it will do when i start it and after 10sec the screen will show up and it takes 20sec more before it is working.

And there is still the privacy issues, it will follow you everywhere arround, and collects all what you are doing.

Firefox lets say i do not like it, that is the problem when you are over 22 years a heavy Microsoft user.

IE8 to 11 were for me very easy to use browser with really no ads and with some huge advandces with the privacy settings.

My PC has to do what i want and not the way arround, that is also why i did skip Windows 7 & 8, now running 10 64bit.

As far as privacy goes, you're being followed everywhere nowadays no matter what browser you use (unless you're one of those people that blocks all javascript, but even then there are ways). Unless you log in in Chrome with your Google account, it doesn't track you any more than Google does in other browsers.

And Edge being slow? It's one of the fastest browers at the moment. I don't use it as my main browser, but I did use it for a short while and it's pretty great in my opinion. In fact, I think I would switch to Edge if only all my plugins were available in Edge.

I also used a browser called Vivaldi for about a year, don't know if it's something for you, but I personally like it very much:)

I have tested the process using Opera (similar functionally to chrome) and it works as Thea (and the screen text) described. Taking the majority of items from the selected set and them using another set for the remaining parts, you don't have any control over the additional sets and it doesn't tell you which parts were taken from where so I would suggest using the "Build this Set" functionality to work out what will be used before combining.

This is the screen just after I combined my sets, you can see the sets used at the bottom (note the second set appears at the top).

Capture.JPG.bf7e574c70ba92cd8ebbc48d25d90a0c.JPG

Yes seen it but it stil does not work by me and not going to instal a 5th browser for this, i am going to do it on the old way just reducing part by part takes me a few days but it is only 1 set 2100 parts.

How old are your computer? 30 seconds is not normal startup for even most heavy softwares, I mean windows takes less that to start from cold boot, so either your computer is ancient or you have something very wrong with it.

if you have privacy issues you shouldn't really have installed windows 10. because it's worse then 7 and 8.... I don't think you can trust it even if you toggle of all those settings that are ON by default.

I guess that is a more and more avoidable future with more and more software running google analytics or similar kits which is a kind of boxed spyware because it tell the author how you use the program as well as any problems you encounter.