ArkansasBricker

Can't find inventory parts during build calculations

Question

I have a custom To Build list and am trying to determine if I am missing any parts. I have a Parts list that has almost all the needed parts. When I try to "Build this List," the system finds only a small number of the parts that I have in my inventory. My Parts list is set to "Use These Parts in Build calculations." I am unsure how to correct the problem or to track down the cause. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I tried a custom list with about 400 parts.  I even added a known color error part to the custom list and a part list to see what would happen.

The only thing I can think of is that your Custom List was created with the idea of using similar colors or one of the other options.  This type of build isn't available with Custom Lists.  When I used a 'similar color option', it showed I had 98% of the parts and was only missing 8 parts.  But there is a notice on the Find My Parts page that warns you it will only look at your inventory for exact matches.  After using my parts list, that page tells me that I am missing 67 parts.

I'll see if I can replicate this, but I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.