colorant

Other Sort Method For Part's Set

Hi

Am I miss the feature? I like the feature that when display the which set contain the part, it sort by how many of this part appears in the set, While I also think it's useful to sort it in other order, especially by the set's released year. Since you probably won't be able to buy those old set with reasonable price at all.

Or, if adding a sort method list will mess up the page UI, at least , show the year in pop up? At present, I always need to turn to brickset for this feature

You can drag the sliders for year selection, but I agree, some sorting functions will make life better.

Where is the sliders? I mean in the part Details page for a specific part. not in the search page.

Say when I want to see in which set I could find the part, currently the set containing the part is sort by number, wish it to have other sort method

Just so we are on the same page. You are talking about the part detail page, when you click on a specific color, You get a list of sets and that list is order primarely by part count. You want to have a option to pick sorting method here.

I think two things could be improved here: first would be have a thumbnail instead of a set number. the second would be a button to close a part setlist again after looking at the list.

Just so we are on the same page. You are talking about the part detail page, when you click on a specific color, You get a list of sets and that list is order primarely by part count. You want to have a option to pick sorting method here.

I think two things could be improved here: first would be have a thumbnail instead of a set number. the second would be a button to close a part setlist again after looking at the list.

Exactly.

A thumbnail is good if you are quite familiar with all those sets.

For me, the problem is that when I want to buy a set which offer the parts I want, ( well, BL's shipping fee is somehow too expensive for me ), I probably could only choose from the recent released one which is still available on B2C sites, say amazon etc. so either sorting them with year or show year in the popup is good for me.

Buying old sets is a bit tricky, but in general cheaper then buying new, if you don't need the box. As usual the exception is large popular uncommon sets. There is plenty of small older sets that is almost given away on BL. BL shipping fee's aren't worse then buying on other sites, it's usually the postage cost for the package and you can't expect that most small sellers can get a dicount at their services, it's exclusivly large trade companies that get these.

Buying old sets is a bit tricky, but in general cheaper then buying new, if you don't need the box. As usual the exception is large popular uncommon sets. There is plenty of small older sets that is almost given away on BL. BL shipping fee's aren't worse then buying on other sites, it's usually the postage cost for the package and you can't expect that most small sellers can get a dicount at their services, it's exclusivly large trade companies that get these.

You are lucky that you are resident in EU ;) shipping to China did cost a lot, especially if you are buying in small amounts. while new sets are available in local market e.g. Taobao ;)