dainucis

How to increase to level 3

Question

Hi! 

I signed up yesterday. I updated my profile, saved the Lego sets I already have and also created part lists. I already have 2 sets that are not in the site data base and would like to submit them. And also wanted to add some part pictures. Unfortunalely by doing all this I have earned only 8 points and do not know what more can I do to earn enough points to qualify to level 3. I don't want to buy anything right now, just study the site features and see how it all works. The help topics say that it is ieasy for an active user to reach level 3. I am an active new user and for me it is not so easy now to figure out what else could I do next to get a higher level. I just started to get to know this home page and it's features and would be happy for any suggestions. Thank you for reading this.

Edited by dainucis

4 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, dainucis said:

Hi! 

I signed up yesterday. I updated my profile, saved the Lego sets I already have and also created part lists. I already have 2 sets that are not in the site data base and would like to submit them. And also wanted to add some part pictures. Unfortunalely by doing all this I have earned only 8 points and do not know what more can I do to earn enough points to qualify to level 3. I don't want to buy anything right now, just study the site features and see how it all works. The help topics say that it is ieasy for an active user to reach level 3. I am an active new user and for me it is not so easy now to figure out what else could I do next to get a higher level. I just started to get to know this home page and it's features and would be happy for any suggestions. Thank you for reading this.

Welcome aboard!

Browse through the MOC listings and find ones you like.  Make a constructive comment about the MOC.

If you find a MOC Designer you like, you can set up your notification to receive notices of the Designer's new MOCs after clicking the Follow Button.

Adding part pictures only needs a Level 2, and you receive points once your photo is approved. We are caught up on the photo submissions, so approval happens fairly quickly now.  If you want to submit a photo for a part that isn't in the database, you can use the Other Data Forum Topic to let us know about the part so we can add it.  Just remember, the photo must be your own work or taken from lego.com.

Just let us know what sets you need added, and we'll check if they are available for download from lego.com.  Much easier that way.  Some special sets, like ones given away at Comic-Cons, aren't available to us, so those are the ones we really need members to work on.

To help you get more familiar with other aspects of the site, do some searches in the Forum on topics you find of interest.

Thank you thea, your answer was very helpful, I am on level 6 already :). I am a mother and just started to have fun from lego with my son who started his jorney with Duplo bricks, but I think soon he will also build something more complicated.

As we already have more then 1000 different duplo bricks I wanted to find more projects that we could build from duplo bricks but unfortunately the selection isn't so wide...So there is a plenty of opportunities to make our own MOCs and present them here :)

So the sets I could not find are 10819-1 (My first Garden, released 2016) and 10838-1 (Pets, also 2017 i think).

Edited by dainucis

On August 11, 2017 at 2:13 AM, dainucis said:

So the sets I could not find are 10819-1 (My first Garden, released 2016) and 10838-1 (Pets, also 2017 i think).

I'm working on cataloging/fixing the Duplo Figures and Animals for these sets.  Could you take pictures of the inventories from  any of your boxes?  This would help greatly in finding parts missing from the downloads we get from lego.com.  Thanks for any help you can provide.:)