HerbertHavu

Spare parts of 60051 High-Speed Passenger Train

I think in 60051 High-Speed Passenger Train half (i.e. 4 out of 8) of 5799 Train Wheel Spoked with Technic Axle Hole and Rubber Friction Band are spare parts?

The rest of the parts currently listed as I agree with.

(I am not able to raise change requests yet...)

Thanks. Working on the required points.

What is the official source for information about spare parts? I have some other (older) sets, where my remaining parts do not match the listed spare parts exactly. Have I lost some parts and forgotten to include some in the build or might the list be wrong? (This is Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245 so manual check would take quite some time...)

I think about 95% comes directly from people who have the set as new. The rest are copies from for instance briicklink.

4 hours ago, HerbertHavu said:

Thanks. Working on the required points.

What is the official source for information about spare parts? I have some other (older) sets, where my remaining parts do not match the listed spare parts exactly. Have I lost some parts and forgotten to include some in the build or might the list be wrong? (This is Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245 so manual check would take quite some time...)

You have described 'spare parts' perfectly.  Some people get them and others don't.  So there can't really be an 'official' source like there is with the set inventories in the instruction books.  ;) 

Whenever there is a request for a change in spare parts at Rebrickable, I check to see if it is something that has also been discussed and logged as a change at BrickLink or Brickowl.  If there isn't anything at either of those, I might check peeron.com for older sets before 2011.  If I can't find anything to support the requested change, I will ask for further verification from other members here at Rebrickable and/or post a question at Bricklink. 

If the spare parts weren't included in the original set submission, you can look at the bottom of the inventory for a change request for spare parts.  Admins can add the spare parts directly to a set without a formal change request, but it still gets recorded in the set's change log where you can see it.(link is right above the Submit Change Request)  Spare parts will show as Type=2.  Example in the set you mentioned, two 32002 Technic Pin 3/4 were added as spares from a change request.

New Values:
Part ID = 32002
Color = 19 - Tan
Qty = 2
Type = 2