Eddy

Reaching 100000 point/ Level 10 and extra features

Hi

I did reach 100000 points/ Level 10 and that will give extra features was in the mail i did get.

But instead of that i lost a few things on my pages on my Lego summery/Level page/ badge page i lost the complete overview on the left side of the page, also my avatar is gone, and the points counting and the other 2 about Lego Parts and profile views.

And i think i lost more option.

Can you take a look why these are removed by reaching Level 10.

Thanks Marchel

Edited by Lucky-Ramses

Hi Marchel,

I'm currently in the path of Hurricane Harvey and my internet connection comes and goes.  I'll put this @Nathan and could you send him a direct private message about this.

No hurry the rest works, was allready last week so it can wait.

Have to devide my time between making part pictures(with the minfigs still 1500 to go it seems), searching for wrong entries and making a list of a few 100 name corrections to lett parts show up on the right place.

And also doing some paint work on my house, and last but not least working on 10 big moc's.

@thea hope all will be ok, here it is finaly summer on the Dutch coast, after weeks of rain and low temps.

26 minutes ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

No hurry the rest works, was allready last week so it can wait.

Have to devide my time between making part pictures(with the minfigs still 1500 to go it seems), searching for wrong entries and making a list of a few 100 name corrections to lett parts show up on the right place.

And also doing some paint work on my house, and last but not least working on 10 big moc's.

@thea hope all will be ok, here it is finaly summer on the Dutch coast, after weeks of rain and low temps.

I finally made it to level 9 :) because of adding all the Duplo sets.  Only 59,000 points to catch up to you...lol 

Thanks for the good wishes.  I'm going to get some sleep now.

Fixed the level 10 problem :)

And well done getting that high! theskirrid is in 2nd place and I'm in 3rd.

1 hour ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

Thanks, any change for a level 11??????

Yes, but it will take you years to achieve it :) The approximate algorithm used is level = 5 * e ^ level, so level 11 needs about 300,000 points!

I was actually thinking of re-aligning the levels to go up to say 50, where the current level 10 would now be somewhere around level 40-50. It gives people more visible progression.

Oke with my change request and the pictures to go(500) i'm allready half way then, only have to look for the other 150000.:wacko:

Why do you not get any extra features like a few extra part list and some extra private moc list for every 50000 points you earn and starting on 100000.

If you are so active then there has to be a reward for it otherwise it seems pointless to me to do so many work for free.

Nathan i hope you will read this and answer positive i know i am maybe a bit annoyng but with the best intentions.

Hi, Superboy,

apologies for the slow response... -smile-

Firstly, I understand your reasoning, and, to a certain extend, I even agree with you. Your question is most certainly valid: you, and many others, are doing a whole lot of work, and you wondering what you are getting in return?

But I also understand Nathan's position. He is also doing a whole lot of work, has been doing that for many years, he is paying the bill for hosting this great website, and what is he getting in return? We all benefit from the thousands of hours he has put into this project; we regularly post all kinds of suggestions for new features, which he has to develop, test and implement; and whenever we find a bug, we expect him to drop everything he is doing and fix the problem immediately.

And the guy has a family to provide for and a day-time job! I have no idea how he manages to keep all of this working, but I do know for sure I couldn't handle it.

He developed that Pro Plan with additional features not to get rich, but merely to make sure he can keep the website running. And right now, if I have to make a choice between asking Nathan for some pay-back for the work that I have done, or continue doing it for free, there is no doubt in my mind. I don't want to see some kind of message like "folks, we're sorry, but we can't pay the bill, Rebrickable has to stop". So I will continue to volunteer and help him maintain this wonderful website without getting anything in return.

I truly hope you will make the same decision.

Take care,
Simon

Edited by Simon
typo