willison_r3

Question about Decoration IDs - are change requests desired?

I checked part 57900pr0003 on brickset, where it is named "Helmet, No. 12"

Can I assume by this name that the decoration ID is 12?

If 12 is really the decoration ID, should 57900pr0003 be renamed to 57900pr0012 or not?

I'm asking, because from time to time I discover things like the above and wonder, if change requests are desired in these cases.

Edited by willison_r3
added tags

This has become a real challenge since the switch by lego.com to multiple design ids for the same molded part number.  In this specific case, this is only the 3rd known print design issued on the molded part number 57900.  The LEGO designation of No. 12 could mean that this is the 12th helmet in a series of helmet design numbers, OR it is the 12th internal print concept for this one design number, some of which have not been released.  

Please let us know when you find things like this.  We don't always get complete information when we initially add parts to the database.  This is especially true with minifig parts, and even more so between Dec. and Feb. when the replacement parts dept. is on holiday.

The number of people affected by the change, and whether or not we can make the change by normalizing the part, are taken into consideration.  Since there are over 1500 members with set 75153-1, it is probably best to leave this part with the 0003 designation.

O.k. I see the point that there are good reasons not to change numbers carelessly.

I assume, the same applies to color changes. There are some parts, where the color designation differs between Lego and Rebrickable. For instance Part 76537 (Shock absorber) has color designation yellow on Rebrickable (and Bricklink) and black on Lego. A fact that confused me, when starting my local database and some parts appeared twice. Particularly all EV3 Motors and sensors I owned both in Light bluish gray and White, which would have made me happy, if it were true ;-).

But for the same reason as you explained above, it's propably better, not to change color designations. And in most cases where rebrickable colors differ from Lego they are at least in sync with Bricklink.